Complaint Review: Number 1 Auto Transport - Merrick New York

• Number 1 Auto Transport
    1745 Merric Ave., Suite 22
    Merrick, New York
    United States

Number 1 Auto Transport number one auto transport, Rob Lies, deception and poor customer service. Merrick New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: COMPETITOR SLANDERING ME!!

On May 28, 2018 I agreed to have Number 1 Auto Transport  move my Honda Civic from Idaho Falls, ID, to Jacksonville, FL, and made a deposit of $175. The total cost of shipping was to be around $1,000. The “professionals” working the phones assured me that pick up would be in "7 days or less" and that the car would “likely” be delivered within two weeks. They sent an invoice to me through email and that was the last I heard from them for over a week...

After 9 days went by with no word from anyone working for Number 1 Auto Transport, I contacted them by phone to inquire about the status of my vehicle’s transport. At that time I was told the car still hadn’t been retrieved or in the process of delivery! They also said that pickups were usually made within a week but that it wasn’t necessarily guaranteed. [continued below]....

..... Despite my concern, their customer service representatives assured me they were working on the retrieval of my car and would let me know as soon as the pickup was made.

Two days later, without having heard a word from them, I called again to check the status of my Honda. They said the car still had not been picked up. This is the same story I received every phone call for the following week. At this point, I had had enough.

I contacted another hauler and called to cancel my transport services through the current transporter. I canceled by phone and also through email just to make sure it was clear. I also demanded a refund of my $175 deposit. While on the phone with the company, I was transferred to a supervisor so that my deposit could be refunded. However, no refund was ever made. I was assured it would be back in my bank account within 3 business days. It never happened. I had dispute the charges with my bank which was only more of a hassle I didn’t need at the time.

This company posing to be a reliable transporter is absolutely a SCAM! Never will I ever recommend this transporter to anyone. In fact, I will highly encourage them to go through someone else. This won’t be the last negative review I post and I will do whatever it takes to ensure no one is scammed by them again. The amount of time, stress and worry they caused me during my relocation was ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2018 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/number-1-auto-transport/merrick-new-york-11566/number-1-auto-transport-number-one-auto-transport-rob-lies-deception-and-poor-customer-1450925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

COMPETITOR SLANDERING ME!!

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

This person is a competitor who is upset he's losing business to honest companies.  I have 5 stars on every review site.  Ripoff report doens't verifiy slander like other review sites where you have to provide a receipt or contract.  Which this person clearly can not provide.  My attoney is in the process of getting the ip address to file a slander lawsuit.  As for the nonsense in this review.  We don't take money upfront or charge deposits upfront as stated in my terms and conditions.  That has been the same since i have been in businees for 7 years.  My contract doesn't allow me to charge and not provide service.  Any member of the public can request a copy of my contract.  Thats why i have an A+ bbb rating and 5 star rating on yelp.  Rob being the title of the review doesn't make sense either because as the owner i don't do sales i manage people.  Person who wrote this review goes by "JASON CYBER"  Enough said on the fake created name.