Complaint Review: Oakwood Homes of Utah - Herriman Utah

• Oakwood Homes of Utah

Herriman, Utah
    United States

Oakwood Homes of Utah Worst home builder in utah Herriman Utah

This is actually the WORST homebuilder in Utah. They get 70% of the job done. The problems are so numerous that it's a joke. It's sad that Oakwood Homes business model is do a half-a*s job. Hope the customer doesn't say anything. Only fix the things the customer catches - and yet it still is never really fixed. Then try to throw free things in to make up for mistakes. The problems have been every step of the way. I personally have built multiple houses and I worked in the mortgage industry. I've worked with over 140 homebuilders and in my opinion they are the WORST. Let's just say I literally put up 200 pieces of blue tape during my walk through. Yes - they try to listen and fix a few things. You just need to set your expectations VERY low. Have about a 70% satisfaction level and things will be all right.

Yet if they only do 70% of the work - shouldn't we get a discount? Here are a list of my FAVORITE COMMENTS form the builder: * Subs are hard to get. They're hiring people out of fast food to do work on your house. HELLO - why is that my problem and WHAT? WHY would you tell me that? * Industry standard is standing 6 feet away. If you can't see a problem then it is fine. * Sometimes the banging of the pipes in the wall happens. WHAT every time I turn water on the pipes clank?? * That is a WARRENTY Item. What I hadn't even moved into the house yet and you're telling me over a dozen things are warranty items. Let's say - FRAUD. * You don't own the process - we do. (They put the kitchen cabinets in before they painted and laid the floor.)

HELLO sounds like a flawed process. Paint problem every where. * If GOD himself came down to this house he couldn't make you happy. (WOW - did you actually say that Steve Johns - foreman over Utah) * CFO said - oh that is a problem - paint and roller marks all over house. Steve Johns - He over road everything and said NOPE - industry standard. Look I have had realistic expectations through the entire process. The problem is Oakwood Homes cuts corners every where. They try to fix things. RUN AWAY FROM OAKWOOD HOMES. I've been in our house 2 months. Yes - they have tried to fix and repair things. They laid some extra concrete - yet you would laugh out loud at the chunks, stains, scratches, and poor poor poor craftsmanship.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2018 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/oakwood-homes-of-utah/herriman-utah/oakwood-homes-of-utah-worst-home-builder-in-utah-herriman-utah-1429140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content