Complaint Review: OAN Services, Inc. And Nationwide Connect, Inc. - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Prospect Pennsylvania
  • OAN Services, Inc. And Nationwide Connect, Inc.

Nationwide

OAN Services, Inc. And Nationwide Connect, Inc. slick scam to charge dollars per minute for collect calls never accepted Nationwide

This is another incident as described by Tom in Gettysburg, PA in a previous complaint. On my phone bill (from Sprint in my case), OAN Services, Inc. is the clearinghouse for a charge from Nationwide Connect, Inc.. The supposed accepted 6-minute collect call originated from Hyattsville, MD in my case, and the rate was over $1.00/min.

As Tom said, somehow they get away with charging a collect call to you by virtue of your phone being answered, either by you or your answering machine. Silence is always on the other end. In my case, I'm assuming my machine picked it up because I was charged for a 6-minute call. I get many of these "dead" calls, both on my machine and when I am there to pick the phone up.

I will call Sprint the first chance I get and tell them I'm not paying for the call, and they'll have to recover the cost themselves.

Allan
Prospect, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2004 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/oan-services-inc-and-nationwide-connect-inc/nationwide/oan-services-inc-and-nationwide-connect-inc-slick-scam-to-charge-dollars-per-minute-fo-86534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content