Report: #1289812

Complaint Review: Office of Recovery Services of Utah - Salt Lake City Utah

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Baseball Guy — Ogden Utah USA
  • Office of Recovery Services of Utah PO Box 45033 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Office of Recovery Services of Utah ORS Unfair and unlawful Individuals getting paid by taxpayers to screw people over Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Some People don't Get It

*Consumer Comment: Ummm......

*Author of original report: Facts about Insurance

*Consumer Comment: Who is paying?

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

 ORS employees believe they are the law. ORS is trying to make me provide insurance even though I have notorized letter from my ex stating she provides insurance and even gave me a copy of insurance card to provide proof. My HR lady told me they have to enforce it because it's from the state. In the end of my divorce decree it states if we can agree upon stuff it trumps decree... If not then mediation...basically they want us to not have to go to court again...since we agree it should be easy right??? No they say I need to file for a modification which is $100 filing fee. Self help line for Utah courts said its a third party decision and that don't need to enforce it since my kids are covered. So for an agency who is suppose to help is costing me an additional $300/ mo. For coverage my kids have. I would rather give it to them then pay for something they don't need. I believe this is why people get to a breaking point!!! Also my HR lady did say I did fall under income limits its over 10% of what I make so it's ridiculous they've denied me 2x now!! Please help anyone!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2016 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/office-of-recovery-services-of-utah/salt-lake-city-utah-84404/office-of-recovery-services-of-utah-ors-unfair-and-unlawful-individuals-getting-paid-by-t-1289812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Updates & Rebuttals


#4 Author of original report

Some People don't Get It

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Friday, February 26, 2016

 You obviously think you know everything and by the way I have a copy from my ex in agreement with me. We don't agree on much but this we do. Our system has many flaws and it causes people to snap....especially judge mental people who call Dads "dead beats" without knowing all the facts!!! I chose to set up the account because she tried to lie to people about my cash payments to her. It's interesting how Moms can spend money however they feel once they receive the support instead of making sure the kids actually receive the benefit from such payments. I would like to say even the appeal manager at ORS and clerk at court agreed with me that the system has flaws but maybe it's just me right

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

POSTED: Friday, February 26, 2016

Ummm..let's see here $100 one time fee to file the modification and do it by the book or $300/month.

I would bet that there is not as much "agreement" as you are coming here trying to claim.  After all it was your "ex" who went to the State for help, so she obviously didn't agree with everything you are doing.  You can come here and claim you have a provision that says if you agree on "things" that trumps the decreee.  Well I can also just about guarantee you that there is more to it than that.  After all if you both "agreed" that you no longer owed Child Support at all, and then she turns around and goes to the State for assistance do you think that your "agreement" would be allowed?

The fact is that you have stated your original decree requires you provide their insurance.  So I would agree with you that they are being unreasonable in one case.  That is where YOU reimbursed your "ex" for any out of pocket expenses she would have to cover your kids.  For example if the premiums for the kids were $200/month, you owe her an extra $200/month on top of the Child Support.  Oh and yes the insurance company can provide a break-down by person to tell you what their specific premium is.  As this would cover your legal requirement to provide the insurance.  Now, if you did that AND they still come after you I would agree that is a problem and they are being unreasonable.

But then again why not just pay the $100 to have your decree modified?  And don't say it's principal, because they have a legal basis and all this principal is doing is costing you an extra $300/month.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Author of original report

Facts about Insurance

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Thursday, February 25, 2016

 My ex works for Delta and gets a better deal on Insurance then mine!! Even when I taught school we changed and went with her Insurance. ORS says it's not up to us to decide because it says respondent (me) should cover the kids...however at the end it says we can agree to things. This is my main issue We agree and my kids are covered so why is it there business to make things difficult and make me pay for a modification rather then just seeing the facts. The case worker told me after my ex called them it's not up to us they have to enforce the decree...I agree but they need to read the whole decree and let parents parent and they should worry about fathers not paying instead of punishing those that are doing it.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#1 Consumer Comment

Who is paying?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

POSTED: Wednesday, February 24, 2016

In looking at this agency, it looks like they get involved either when one of the parents go to them for assistance in getting child support, or the child is under a government program such as medicaid, food stamps, or housing assistance.

So either you are a "deadbeat dad" who had at one time failed to meet your legal obligation and your ex called you on it.  Or the "insurance" you are trying to claim your child has is actually insurance paid for by the Government in one way or another.  If in fact your children are under some sort of Government Assistance that would explain why they are legally coming after you. 

Now, of course if your ex is getting zero government assitance, and you have made every single one of your support payments on-time without being delinquent.  Then why not "beat the system".  Since your ex is apparently totally on-board she could give you the money she is using to pay for the insurance and you could turn around and purchase it.  But somehow I think that this really isn't an option.


Respond to this report!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now