Complaint Review: Official Payments - Auburn Alabama

• Official Payments
    177 Technology Parkway
    Auburn, Alabama
    United States

Official Payments My son and I used the They failed to forward my payment to the intended recipient. Auburn Alabama

My son and I used the "Official Paymens" company to pay my son's outstanding IRS bill. We started at the IRS site and were steered toward Official Payments. We provided the credit card info, and made the payment to Official Payments, along with a $2 fee, for which we were sent an email from them with a confirmation number.

That was September 5, 2018. On October 9th, my son received a registered letter from IRS with a collection notice for the amount he owed plus interest. The confirmation number means nothing to IRS, and they say that my son is on the hook for the payment and interest, until it is paid.

We should have paid IRS by mail, and will never use Official Payments again. We are filing a complaint here, and with our state's attorney general, and trying to get the bank to reverse the charge. One would think that IRS would vet companies like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2018 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/official-payments/auburn-alabama-36830/official-payments-my-son-and-i-used-the-they-failed-to-forward-my-payment-to-the-intende-1464211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content