X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Park West Gallery - Southfield Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fenton Michigan
  • Park West Gallery 29469 Northwestern Highway Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Like so many other stories I have been reading on line. I too have fallen victim to my own naivete about art and was simply enjoying my holiday cruise, caught up in the moment, and I might add the free champagne certainly helped Park West, but didn't help me keep a clear head about what I was doing.

Since I have been home I have heard several horror stories and have been trying to get my artwork (which is a Salvador Dali, Purgatory 27 supposedly one of one hundred illusrations of Danes's "Divine Comedy", authenticated and have not been able to do so locally. I did purchase an appraisal with my artwork and received a letter signed by the director "Albert Scaglione". However, this letter does not indicate that Mr. Scaglione is a certified art appraiser. Even if he is, should he appraise his own art?

Mike, from a previous report, I am very interested in a class action. No one should be allowed to get away with this type of deceptive practice.

Ashleigh
Fenton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2006 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/park-west-gallery/southfield-michigan-48034/park-west-gallery-deceptive-practice-dishonest-appraisal-own-art-so-values-are-inflated-205203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content