X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Pc One Mastercard / ccr - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fairbanks Alaska
  • Pc One Mastercard / ccr pc one mastercard Internet U.S.A.

Pc One Mastercard ccr Richard Harris promised $5000 credit limit mastercard, wanted to debit my bank $349, I put a stop payment on my account so far no chg Internet Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO ONE STEP FURTHER

*Consumer Suggestion: You should CLOSE THE ACCOUNT

richard harris abrubtly called me one day promising me a $5000. credit limit to my new mastercard,he said there were no fees except he wanted $349 from my checking account and gave me a date that he said I said it could be withdrawn from my bank, I told him I dont even have money in the bank at that time, I know I would never have given that date, also he said no interest for three years, right, he said my ID #is 1010 he then transferred me to shipping, where i spoke to Channel, she said my verification# is 163709, I called the customer service #the next day to cancel this so called card, and they said I will have to call back four days before they take my funds out of the bank, I have since then put a stop payment on this $349.00 payment, it will be good for 6 months, I am calling them back on the 3rd of October to cancel, I also told them I felt this was a big scam, they said it was all recorded, and so on and so on. I will never allow anyone take funds from my account ever.

Terri
Fairbanks, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2005 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pc-one-mastercard-ccr/internet/pc-one-mastercard-ccr-richard-harris-promised-5000-credit-limit-mastercard-wanted-to-deb-158786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO ONE STEP FURTHER

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, September 29, 2005
I would immediately go to my bank and close your current account and open a new one with a different number. You're right..this is a HUGE scam, but just stopping payment may not be enough. These scam companies will create their own check with a different check number (marked "This check authorized by your depositor") or they will take out more than you authorized, and if they debit it electronically, then the stop payment may not work. I would be especially wary since they are aware you want to cancel and they probably will "pad" the debited amount to get around a probable stop payment.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You should CLOSE THE ACCOUNT

AUTHOR: Juliet - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, September 29, 2005
You should close the account. The stop payment is only good for that EXACT AMOUNT, $349.00. If they get declined, they may try it for $350.00, or $259.00, or any other number other than $349.00 and it WILL go through.