X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Mike — Colorado Springs Colorado USA
  • PC Pitstop Internet USA

Was called by PC Pitstop about my anti-virus sending them information that someone was attempting to hack my system.  Was told my PC is at risk, I have several computers so I asked which one, of course they don't know.

I decided to press a little farther to find out which computer and which anti-virus program sent them the message with the idea that I will discontinue using the software immediately.  Again they wouldn't disclose where it came from.

At the end of the call I told him that I never provide the phone number on which he called to anyone.  He just hung up on me after that.

Long story short, if they can't or won't provide basic information about what computer and/or what software be careful, they are phishing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2017 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pc-pitstop/internet/pc-pitstop-pc-matic-computer-repair-scam-internet-1376597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

PC Matic Rip Off

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, November 29, 2017

If what you say is true then your company should be looking to file a lawsuit against those posing as you.  When I spoke to the representative on the phone I asked him several times what company he was representing so there was no mistake on my part.

PC Pitstop/PC Matic does not call customers

AUTHOR: PCMaticSupport - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you were a victim of technical support scams. Please note, PC Pitstop, the company that makes PC Matic, does not call customers, nor do we solicit customers via telephone. In fact, we only offer support for our Consumer customers via email or online forums. This is so much of a problem that the FTC has put up a warning about it, here https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair