Complaint Review: PETER FARKAL - LONG ISLAND CITY New York

• PETER FARKAL
    43-11 36th ST
    LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
    USA

PETER FARKAL dba BRANDED LEATHER in Long Island City New York failed to perform repairs and return item LONG ISLAND CITY New York

I am a resident of Phoenix Az.  Age 69, ex-Army

I UPS'd my leather flight jacket (valued at  and insured for $300) to Branded Leather at 43-11  36th St in Long Island City, where the package was signed for by "Pete" (Peter Farkal?) on 7 Aug at 12:28 p.m.     ( I sent my jacket there as that company had manufactured it ,and I bought it back in mid 1990's)    Previous phone call with Peter (he identified himself as such), I was told repairs would take one day.  After a week, I contacted him again and was told it would ship Thurs or Fri  (14th or 15th Aug).  (he'd been on vacation a few days)

As I had provided a pre-paid UPS return label, I looked for tracking information and found NONE. [continued below]....
.....  On Mon 18 Aug, Peter told me it had shipped on the 15th.

As of yesterday, 20 Aug,  UPS has still not scanned the return label, so I wrote to Peter again, asking that he look into the matter and advise me.

It is now 8 p.m. in NYC and I have not gotten a response.  I do have proof that my emails have been opened/read...yesterday's being read at 4:16 p.m. NY time.

If my personal jacket was lost or ruined, I'd expect a new replacement ( which are manufactured and sold by Branded Leather)  plus reimbursement for shipping, insurance, squadron patches that were to be stitched on, and my check for $48 that I was told to include with the jacket.  The total would be roughly  $446 before sales tax.

Peter Farkal is also listed for business known as Orchard Motorcycle Distributors, Inc  address of 36-06 43d Ave    "a domestic business corporation, file number 854091"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2014 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/peter-farkal/long-island-city-new-york/peter-farkal-dba-branded-leather-in-long-island-city-new-york-failed-to-perform-repairs-a-1172631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content