Complaint Review: Philly Gardens Realty Corp. - Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- Philly Gardens Realty Corp. 1411 W. Grange St. - 236 S. 48th St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
- Phone: 215-924-1100
- Category: Real Estate Services
Philly Gardens Realty Corp. - Greenleaf Houses deposti not returned after things didn't work out Philadelphia Pennsylvania
As I walked into the office the receptionist was on the phone speaking with Mr. Washington, so he wanted to speak with me also & he assured me that the apartment was ready and in good condition to move in. However, my father & I went to look at the apartment the same day.
When I entered the building, I was greeted with the following:
1. paper/garbage on the carpet and stairs throughout the floors;
2. filthy carpet;
3. cobwebs alongside the walls, windows and mailboxes; and
4. the frame around the mailboxes are very loose.
When I entered my apartment, I was shocked to see the following:
1. the carpet was not cleaned. It has paint all over it;
2. the stove in the kitchen was filithy and there is a large hole on the side of the stove;
3. there is dust and soot all over the kitchen cabinets and floors;
4. The floor tiles in the kitchen are broken;
5. the ceiling in the living room was not properly done, they only plastered a small area in the ceiling and left the rest as is;
6. boards are missing in the living room walk in closet and there is one board coming apart from the wall;
7. the closet was not plastered and painted;
8. the wall around the window and ceiling was not plastered or painted. It has water stains from the ceiling to the tub;
9. toilette stool and tank is not securely fastened to the floor;
10. bathroom tile is dirty and torn;
11. bathroom door is broken;
12. bathroom radiator does not work;
13. towel rack in bathroom is not fixed; and
14. the side door outside my apartment was not lock.
Prior to my signing the lease, you promised me that you were going to take care of the defencies in the apartment. As a matter of fact, you said all the renovations will be taken care of by building maintenance before you move in. You also said the apartment will look brand new. As you can see, this is not the case. I refused to move in and apartment that was totally not fit for anyone.
I would like the opportunity to either (1) relocate to one of your other properties or (2) request a complete refund. I was told by the receptionist that I could pick-up my money. I called the next morning to verifiy my check would be ready and stated I would be receiving a check for $1050.00. I was only given back my same money order for $950.00. The deposit was not given back.
This is the complete that I sent to Mr. Washington @ Philly Gardens and cc Mr. Zack Thomas, Manager at Philly Realtors.
All I want is my $100. 00 back, because it seems like thay are pocketing people money and getting away with it.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2004 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/philly-gardens-realty-corp/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19141/philly-gardens-realty-corp-greenleaf-houses-deposti-not-returned-after-things-didnt-wo-114158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.