X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Phoenixrising-web - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Chesapeake Virginia
  • Phoenixrising-web Internet U.S.A.

Phoenixrising-web ripoff all of our sites are goneI have tried everything to contact them I can not even retrieve our Databases Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Ah, yes, the good old something for nothing con! There is always someone who will believe in that.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I am a web designer and I have many websites under my control and am always obligated to through site for which I design. I came across this site a year ago that offered unlimited hosting for a one time flat fee. This to me sounded like a good deal. It was a small 50 Megs. of disk space and sounded to me to be quite reasonable. I signed up and everything went smoothly. I then decided to move my mother's site there to. I mean why pay a monthly fee. After one month her site was down. She said she called and tried to email them but got no response.

I thought that this was weird but she said she didn't want to deal with the site anymore anyway and just let it go. I had no problems with my account and so I didn't give it a second though. Later this year I have signed up a few other people, Friends, Clients, and family. Now all of our sites are gone. All at once. I have tried everything to contact them. To at lease retrieve or Databases. I have personally put countless hours into the creation of the web applications that have been, in part, lost. Between the client complaints, the investment in the moving of the sites and there urls, they have cost me more than I would like to admit.

Please stay away from this company.

Tony
Chesapeake, Virginia
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2004 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/phoenixrising-web/internet/phoenixrising-web-ripoff-all-of-our-sites-are-gonei-have-tried-everything-to-contact-them-114274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, October 23, 2004
No matter how ridiculous the con sounds, there is always someone who will believe it and get ripped off. These are the same people who are out after every rainstorm, running towards the end of the rainbow.

In this case, it's the free web hosting con. Now, almost everyone knows that web hosting costs money. Plus, the host needs to spend money each month to keep the servers up and running. That's common sense.

So, how could they possibly do that when all the income stops after the first payment? They can't.

There's the concept. Charge everyone a big fee. Rent space on a server. Pay for one month or so. Then, split with the remaining money. When the time is up, the sites all go down. Then the owners have to go back to waiting for rain storms again.

Meanwhile, real site owners understand that hosting costs money. They look for a real host that plans on being there for the long haul. They may not be the cheapest host, but in the long run, they certainly provide the best value.

There's not much value when your site goes down, your pages are lost, and your customers turn elsewhere. Some bargain!

As long as you're willing to believe in something for nothing, you will get taken by this con.

Truthfully, you'd be better off chasing the rainbows. At least that way, you wouldn't spend any money, plus you'd get exercise as part of the bargain.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair