X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: PicO Aquariums - Peoria Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: cdelicath — Peoria Illinois United States of America
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • PicO Aquariums 5433 N. James Rd Peoria, Illinois United States of America
  • Phone: 3093039326
  • Web:
  • Category:

PicO Aquariums False information to get my business Peoria Illinois

*Author of original report: resolution report

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I contacted Merchant Warehouse for services  processing my online credit card transactions and upon discussing the fees prior to signing up with sales agent I was given the following information:
$10 per month from Merchant Warehouse and  $7.95 per month fee for processing VISA,MC,Discover and AMEX with a 2.19% +$.25. I was assessed what i was told was a pass through charge of $79.99 without notification to me.
Had I been aware of these charges it would have made no sense for me to begin service with them. When discussing fees with my sales rep  I specifically asked multiple times about any additional fees outside of the fees listed above.
I was told no on both occasions. I feel I was taken advantage of and given false information just to get me to start a account with them. It is the duty of the sale representative to accurately inform the consumer of the product they sell and in this case the product/service was misrepresented despite direct inquiry regarding the fees. When speaking with customer support the simply stated I signed a contract and I have to pay it. The contract is so full of legal speak that even after looking back at it I am un aware of how they came up with a $79.99 fee.
I am in the process of canceling my account with them. I am also filing a dispute with my bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2012 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pico-aquariums/peoria-illinois-61615/pico-aquariums-false-information-to-get-my-business-peoria-illinois-879199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

resolution report

AUTHOR: cdelicath - (United States of America)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I would like to update what was found from my claim with the BBB. Here is a response from Merchant Warehouse.

Message from Business:

We apologize for the unsatisfactory experience this merchant has had with us. After reviewing the sales calls and the application, it was determined that even though the merchant did sign off on all of the rates that were charged, it was not made clear during the sales process what the merchant would actually see in fees from us. To that end, we are going to be honoring the 2.19% rate that the merchant believed was the only rate on the account. The refund for the month of April is $41.86. Once the May fees have been calculated and debited from our merchants, we can then issue a refund for those fees as well. The account is now closed.

Please respond to this message within 10 days.

I was treated rudely on the phone by multiple customer service reps and supervisors regarding this matter and I was assured they would listen to the tapes and prove that I was told there would be additional charges. Turns out they are wrong!

Don't let these companies make you second guess yourself and always document all calls. It saved my butt here. Finally a victory for the little guy!

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair