Complaint Review: Precious Kittens Cattery - Precious Mackey - Vero Beach Florida

• Submitted: Fri, January 05, 2018
  • Updated: Fri, January 05, 2018
  • Reported By: LarissaH — Hampton New Hampshire United States
  • Precious Kittens Cattery - Precious Mackey
    Post Office Box 690524
    Vero Beach, Florida
    United States

Precious Kittens Cattery - Precious Mackey Precious Kittens Cattery Precious Mackey preciouskittens . com Sold FIP, Ringworm & Earmite Infested Kitten! Vero Beach Florida

*Author of original report: This has been resolved

*Author of original report: N/A

I bought a kitten from Precious Mackey (Precious Kittens) from Vero Beach Flordia. He arrived with ringworm lesions, an upper respiratory infection and ear mites.

I assumed at the time that the upper respiratory infection was caused by the stress of the move.

I found him on a nicely done website that advertised as being PKD negative and free of external parasites. This turned out to be false advertising. I was unaware of what ringworm was at the time and did not realize that my children and myself could catch it. I did not realize the amount of time and money that was going to have to be spent to prevent my family from getting the ringworm this kitten was sent to me with. Not only would I battle ringworm, but ear mites, as well! This took a good 4 weeks to clear up! The poor kitten would scream and cry when my vet cleaned his ears and he would have blood coming out of his ears at the end of the first couple of visits! So heartbreaking to watch!

After getting these issues both cleared up I thought we finally got the kitten we had paid for. Boy, was I wrong!

Shortly after the kittens first birthday, he started getting sick. I spent even more money on vet visits, medicine and different types of food. He would do okay and get sick again. The third time he was very sick and I was referred to a specialist. Yesterday, the vet specialist did a lot of testing and found out my cat had FIP, which is fatal. I had to put him to sleep since there is no cure. My young children and I were heartbroken, to say the least.

I had tried contacting the breeder multiple times after receiving my kitten to confront her about the sickness, ear mites and ringworm lesions only to be ignored and never replied to.

After leaving a complaint she decided to address my complaint saying it was all untrue and she never sold a kitten to me.

Save your heart and your money and stay away from this lady who has no heart!

BUYER BEWARE!

preciouskittens . com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2018 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/precious-kittens-cattery-precious-mackey/vero-beach-florida-32969/precious-kittens-cattery-precious-mackey-precious-kittens-cattery-precious-mackey-precio-1421352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

This has been resolved

AUTHOR: Larissa - (United States)

This has been resolved

N/A

AUTHOR: Lar - (United States)

N/A