Complaint Review: Primo Classics International - Lakeland Florida

• Primo Classics International
    611 Alicia Rd
    Lakeland, Florida
    United States

Primo Classics International Primo Classics LLC LIed about Mileage. Bad transmission, no turn signals, bad shocks, terrible repaint but advertised as original, like new. Lakeland Florida

First, i was raised in the automobile industry.  My father purchased, sold and managed automobile lots/cars for over 45 years. I am a 35 year veteran of buying and building hot rods and motorcycles so I know what the word "Original” or "Pristine” or "Barely Driven” should represent.  I was searching eBay and found a 1988 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 truck advertised by Primo Classics LLC in Lakeland, FL.  Part of the description was as follows:  Original, Barely Driven, Remarkable Condition, Pristine, and Like-new.  The truck was also advertised as having ONLY 41,250 miles.  On eBay (but not elsewhere) they have a good record (that is about to change), so with the incredible wording all seemed safe.

Especially since it was touted as having only 41,250 miles.  I bid on the truck and won.  It arrived and I could not believe my eyes, ears or sense of smell.   After doing a compression check, compression was less than half.  Trans shifts terribly and will jar your neck when shifting into first – second gear. Steering box / play is out almost 4” and dangerous to drive on the road.  The turn signals do not work. It leaks oil like crazy.  Cracks in rubber seals and rear bumper plastic barely holding on. Too many items not working to mention.

After checking I found out they lied about the mileage.  It has over 141,000 miles on the truck – not 41,240.  They bought an old, worn out truck, and had a cheap paint job put on it.   Whoever painted it didn’t ever bother to sand it down.  There are scratches, runs and orange peel everywhere.   Primo Classics are NOT to be trusted.  You will live to regret it if you purchased something from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2018 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/primo-classics-international/lakeland-florida-33801/primo-classics-international-primo-classics-llc-lied-about-mileage-bad-transmission-no-1457607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content