X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Rashid Management And Planning - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Newark New Jersey
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Rashid Management And Planning 1144 Clinton Avenue, Irvington, New Jersey 07111 Nationwide U.S.A.

Rashid Management And Planning Tax Preparer lost my w2's and charged me $55 to get them back once found. Irvington New Jersey

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I went to Rashid Management & Planning to have my taxes prepared after seeing his listing on Superpages as Certified Public Accountant (CPA). I sat down in Ali Rashid's office and he took my w2's to make copies. A couple of minutes later, he came back, looked at his watch and said, "Actually, I was on my way out of the office". I was a bit confused, because he could have said this before taking my w2 and making copies, and having me fill out paperwork. He then asked that I come back the next day.

This unprofessionalism made me suspect that his business was a little shady. I went home to see if I could verify Ali Rashid as a CPA Licensee. His name never turned up. I called the office to asked the receptionist, and she stated that she didn't know. Now I'm really confused, because he promotes himself as a CPA in his Superpages listing (I've enclosed a link below).

link: http://www.superpages.com/bp/Irvington-NJ/Rashid-Management-Planning-Ali-Rashid-CPA-L0001435612.htm?SRC=portals&C=Accountants&lbp=1

I spent the next 10 days trying to get my w2's back from this place. Nobody at this place knew where my paperwork was at and said that only he knew where it was located. I tried to be patient because the receptionist said that he was out of the office due to a personal matter.

I went to the office in person to get my w2's back and this joker actually tried blame me for this whole ordeal, because I didn't come back the following day, like he asked me to. I suppose if he was a doctor, he would have me fill out paperwork, take my co-pay, have me waiting, weigh me and check my blood pressure only to look at his watch and say, "Actually, I was on my way out of the office" and ask me to come back the next day. He asked me to come upstairs (to a different office) where he tries to resell me on letting him prepare my taxes. I declined and asked for my w2s back. He goes behind the door, not to reach into a file cabinet like a normal company. My w2s were sprawled out across the floor.

When I thought it couldn't get any worse, he then told me I would have to pay him $55 to get my w2's back. Now it made sense why didn't simply say that he was on his way out of the office before taking my w2s when I first met him. This is where his make his money at. Any reputable business wouldn't have to charge garbage fees if a customer is unhappy, especially before any work is actually completed. He asks for you w2s and charges you when you want them back.

Summary:

- False advertisement as a CPA
- Leave office while attending to a client
- Misplace w2s
- Unavailable for a week
- Charge $55 to return w2s (once found)

Sounds like a RipOff to me.

Anonymous
Newark, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rashid-management-and-planning/nationwide/rashid-management-and-planning-tax-preparer-lost-my-w2s-and-charged-me-55-to-get-them-ba-427711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair