Complaint Review: Red Rock Canyon School
Red Rock Canyon School and Lava Heights Academy Made a Stressful Situation Worse St George Utah
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is a warning to anyone considering sending their child to Red Rock Canyon School or its affiliate, Lava Heights Academy.
I've seen other reviews on the internet, that seem to be from distraught kids, or parents that are trying to blame someone else for the fact that their kids are messed up.
I don't know about any of that - I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist.
What I can tell you is that having to lock a child away for treatment is a stressful situation that can rip your family apart. If you're in a position like we were where your insurance doesn't cover the monthly costs, which are enormous, that will add a further strain.
What could possibly make one of the most stressful situations in your life worse?
Quite simply, the irritation of having to deal with unimaginably incompetent staff at Red Rock will keep you stressed and angry even past the time when your child has come home.
1. If you are like us, your child will be sent to an unbelivably overpriced pill pusher and you won't be informed before hand.
- If you are like us, you won't know for a long time about this, since the school will "forget" to send you the invoices or make excuses about staff changes
- In late Novemeber, several months after discharge we received a stack of previously unbilled physciatric invoices, some from as old as JANUARY (and, we have no proof any consultation even happened) with bills of $153 for 25 minutes.
- Again, both the sessions and the charges come as complete surprises.
- The pill pusher will order pills from the most expensive pharmacy on earth. A 1 month supply in Utah is $127 but when we ended up buying the pills at CVS in California the cost is $29.
2. In January, our daughter had a toothache. Somebody at Red Rock reached out to get insurance information. Unbeknownst to us, the dental insurance refused to approve a visit, so instead of contacting us to get permission for cash pay at the dentist, or letting us know there was no dental visit, nothing happened.
We did not know that she had been sitting for 2 months with a toothache while nobody took her to a dentist.
Yes, this really happened.
3. Think your child is going to study for college entrance exams and then take them?
Ours studied for the ACT test and was prepared to go take the ACT test on the day of the ACT test. The only problem was that whoever the person was at Red Rock that was in charge of transporting her to the test FORGOT to take her to the exam. (OOPS).
So, are these people a "rip off?" I don't have any proof of that, but the unimaginably bad way in which things will be handled will definitely make your life worse.
We've gotten *surprise* invoices several times and when you're going broke to get your child the care they need and several months of forgotten invoices are suddenly sprung on you with some lame excuses while you're counting pennies to try to feed the rest of your family, you can certainly find a facility that will be easier on your soul than Red Rock.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2014 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/red-rock-canyon-school/st-george-utah-84770/red-rock-canyon-school-and-lava-heights-academy-made-a-stressful-situation-worse-st-georg-1190367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: