X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Road LoansTriad Financial Extended Warranty - Huntington Beach California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Wapakoneta Ohio
  • Road LoansTriad Financial Extended Warranty PO Box 4459 Huntington Beach, California U.S.A.

Road Loans - Triad Financial Extended Warranty Ripoff Only if Michael interprets it that way! Huntington Beach California

My wife wanted to buy a car and wanted the control of having the money pre-approved before shopping. Road Loans offered this (or it seemed good at first) with their claims of good rates, immediate issuance of funding etc. What was supposed to be a good rate got jacked around until it came back as 18% (a great rate if you are loan shark). Knowing that the vehicle would be paid off much sooner she chose this option. BUT let's think protection. They pitched their own extended warranty plan and we reviewed it. She and I mutually decided to go with the upgraded plan that covered electrical, steering components, drive train (You know the stuff that costs alot to fix).

The worst thing we could have done is take the vehicle to a dealership that we knew was a rip off for service. They did try to not only rip us off, but the warranty company also. We saw this and took the vehicle to the dealership where we purchased the vehicle and they found the real problem. A bad ball joint, VERY specifically covered in the warranty. Enter Michael. Michael (has no last name and no extension) He answers to no higher source. Michael is Road Loans Warranty GOD. He told me in a conversation Feb 2006. It is my job to interpret the written warranty. A ball joint that has worn so badly that vehicle steers erradically is NOT BROKEN< by definition, therefore is not covered. Hey, when it doesn't do what what it was intended to do...that is broken. He insisted that it had to be broken (and from something other than wear, abuse or accident). There are no other reasons ball joints break! This man/god determined that the front wheel had to break free from the vehicle before it would be "broken" by definition, but none of the reasons it could or would break would be covered repairs. I have read and re read the written warranty an nowhere have I found anywhere this description and NOWHERE did I find that the great GOD MICHAEL makes all warranty decisions and the contract is just toilet paper. Although the warranty calls itself Road Loans, Road Loans claims they are independent entities (talk about honor among thieves). The warranty was not cheaper than a dealership warranty, it just seemed more convenient. Over $1400 spent on a warranty that is worthless. No wonder Michael keeps his identity hidden. I wonder what drugs he takes to sleep well at night or if has a concience at all. I used to sell cars and I recommend extended warranties. Stick with your dealership and research the warranty company. Once again if it sounds too good (or too easy) to be true IT PROBABLY IS. Thanks for nothing Road Loans-Triad- and your Worthless warranty company. And Michael..you can kiss my tailpipe!

Matt
Wapakoneta, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2006 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/road-loanstriad-financial-extended-warranty/huntington-beach-california-92647/road-loans-triad-financial-extended-warranty-ripoff-only-if-michael-interprets-it-that-w-181717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content