X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Rock Tops, Inc., Robert Thiede, Rkobert Gasiorowski - Byron Center Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fremont Michigan
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Rock Tops, Inc., Robert Thiede, Rkobert Gasiorowski 1000 100th Street SW Byron Center, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-5-ROCKTOP

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I just found out today what was going on with Rock Tops, Inc. As well as the other victims of Rock Tops I am devastated, angry and feeling helpless. I paid my 50% deposit on 11/26/08 and the other 50% on 12/11/08. I had been trying to get a hold of someone in the Byron Center store to find out when my installation date would be. Like everyone else, the calls went to an answering machine that was full. I was about ready to get in the car to go over to the store in Byron Center to see what was going on, when I thought I would surf the net to see what, if anything, was going on first. I'm glad I turned on the computer and saved myself the hour drive.

I am still numb. Robert "Charlie" Thiede and Robert Gasiorowski are now $5,000 richer and I am in the hole $5,000 plus what it will cost to go to another granite company. On the brighter side, my initial 50% deposit was put on my credit card can be recouped. I will just be out the 50% that I paid by check. I wish I could say it was a drop in the bucket, but it's not. Plywood is looking really good right now.

From the information that I have gathered, it dosen't appear that they have filed for bankruptcy yet, or at least not within the last 48 hours. You can go to the State of Michigan website to check on this. I have been advised to report what happened to my local police department as fraud or theft. It's important, for everyone who was victimized, to report it. Don't just take it on the chin. People who do what they have done need to be held accountable.

From reading some other posts, they took my second 50% installment after they knew they were going to close the doors.

Amy
Fremont, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rock-tops-inc-robert-thiede-rkobert-gasiorowski/byron-center-michigan-49412/rock-tops-inc-robert-thiede-robert-gasiorowski-another-victim-of-rock-tops-inc-byron-408303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Amy,

I am sorry that you got caught up in the Rock Tops mess. I own a granite shop in Caledonia, about 15 minutes from Rock Tops. If you would like to give us a call we can see what we can do to help you out of this mess. You can visit our website at www.michstone.com for more information about us. We are already helping 5 of Rock Tops customers, installing 1 this morning. Ask for Angela if you call and need more information.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair