X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Rocky Mountain Bank & Trust - Colorado Springs Colorado

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Astoria New York
  • Rocky Mountain Bank & Trust 755 Cheyenne Meadows Rd Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-865-0628
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Rocky Mountain Bank& Trust, Global Client Solutions, And National Setlements FDIC insured bank will not investigate claim of FRAUD and allows SCAM of being ripped off for $12,309 Colorado Springs Colorado

*Author of original report: ROCKY MOUNTAIN BANK & TRUST HELPS to resolve my problem

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: Stolen?

I contacted Rocky Mountain Bank & Trust on 12/11/08, response I received was that they are essentially not responsible and are unwilling to investigate my claim of fraud on this bank account.

I contacted a debt settlement company, National Settlements, in July of 2006 to help me settle some debts. I paid a total of 12,309 over a year and a half.

The funds were sent by me monthly to an account in Rocky Mountain Bank & Trust in Colorado. Payments were made using Moneygram or by personal check. The paying agent handling the account is Global Client Solutions.

On 12/11/08, I called Rocky Mountain Bank using the phone number listed on my monthly bank statements. The number immediately diverts the call to Global Client Solutions.

I asked about filing a complaint with Rocky Mountain Bank, she responded that they would only refer you to Global Clients Solutions.

So I've learned, from the representative at Global Client Solutions, the FDIC insured bank will not take responsibility if your money is stolen, will not even investigate the claim but they'll refer you to the paying agent who will also not take any action in helping you recover your money.

Therefore, National Settlements, or any debt settlement company for that matter, can hide behind Global Client Solutions and Rocky Mountain Bank, who are able to claim that they are not responsible.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Rocky Mountain Bank on 12/13/08.

I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Protection Agency division against Rocky Mountain Bank on 12/13/08.

Finally, I have filed a complaint with FDIC against Rocky Mountain Bank on 12/13/08.

NY
Astoria, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rocky-mountain-bank-trust/colorado-springs-colorado-80906/rocky-mountain-bank-trust-global-client-solutions-and-national-setlements-fdic-insured-401214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

ROCKY MOUNTAIN BANK & TRUST HELPS to resolve my problem

AUTHOR: NY - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, January 19, 2009
RMBT, through the BBB, sent this letter. This may help others resolve their situation. I had my money in an account with RMBT through Global Client Solutions. Global was completely unhelpful when I reported them to the BBB, so I got the bank involved and this was RMBT's 2nd response to the BBB:

"We would like to apologize again for the frustration and stress this has caused Mr. __________, but RMBT can not refund fees that we did not receive. I have been corresponding with our customer, which is GCS, to investigate this matter. GCS has agreed to refund $757.00 which consists of Maintenance Fees and Transaction Fees that they received as part of the program. GCS will also include a letter from their in-house counsel included with the check they will send next week. GCS has also contacted Charles McGuire at National Settlements to inform him of the complaints. Mr. McGuire stated that he would call Mr. _________ in regards to the situation. National Settlements would ultimately be the entity that would be able to meet the desired resolution that Mr. _____ is seeking. The initial contract that was agreed upon by Mr. _________ would be with National Settlements.

To respond to the claim that the funds were in an interest-bearing account, this is not true. None of the documents that reference the bank state that the account was to earn interest. If so, please have Mr. _________ forward those documents to Rocky Mountain Bank and Trust 755 Cheyenne Meadows Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. Hopefully, the contact with Mr. McGuire will help to resolve this situation."

I'll upate when I actually receive some money and if and when Mr. Charles McGuire actually calls to resolve this. As of today, letters to the Attorney Generals had been mailed last week. Hopefully, this is a way for others to try and get money back.

Update

AUTHOR: NY - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 17, 2008
According to the Uniform Debt Management Act, Section 22 permits an individual's access to the trust account if no payments are being made to creditors and the individual is entitled to interest on the money held in trust until such a time that it is paid out to the creditors or returned to the individual.

The 19,000+ funds that were in the account has never received any interest. If this act, referenced above, is correct, why has my account not received any interest for more than 2 1/2 years?

That is one example of money being stolen.

Another example is that my funds were released to me in June of 2008 without my consent. I was charged a banking fee for the check itself.

When I called them to tell them I did not authorize this, I was instructed to mail back the check. When it deposited, to my recollection, I believe that I was charged a check depositing fee. The check was drawn on their own bank check!

This inconjuction with the debt settlement company (National Settlements) debiting $12,309 for NO SERVICES and then the bank refusing to investigate my claim of fraud and claiming non-liability, is a caveat to anyone considering doing business with this bank.

Stolen?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, December 14, 2008
I bet you were scammed not by RMB&T, but your Debt Settlement company.

Please explain how was your money stolen?