X  |  CLOSE

• RVcool
    50 Highway 287
    Greenbrier, Arkansas
    United States

RVcool Wick Weckwerth Impossible to have a discussion with the owner without him flying off the handle. Greenbrier Arkansas

Please don't waste your time and good money dealing with Wick of RVcool.

I purchased a replacement cooling unit for my motorhome refrigerator from RVcool, based on their website touting the bulletproof boiler technology, toughest unit in the industry. I had replaced the cooling unit in 2010 from an Amish manufacturer, and had no problems at all either with the installation or function thereafter. It lasted 8 years.

RVcool sounded like it was a better unit with a longer warranty for around the same money. I ordered from Stacy, very nice, and was told they were a couple of weeks out. OK, fine. The unit arrived when Stacy said it would. We were all good up to that point.

When I went to install the unit from RVcool, I ran into some problems with the installation, and called for assistance, and talked with "Wick". He was very abrupt, constantly cutting me off, stating the issues were my lack of knowledge, and everything he sent out was good. He said that I would probably have to make some adjustments, modifications, etc, but everything was my fault, and there was no way in hell he was going to send out another unit. He complained about $350 shipping charges. The shipping was actually $200 both directions, including the core return.

I had to jury rig some things to get the unit installed and working, but after a lot of time and frustration,  I was able to get it to work. I had to drill and tap new holes in the plates that connect the evaporator to the interior fins. There were several other items I had to modify to get everything to work properly.

Then came the return of the "core". No core-no warranty was his statement. I tried for over a month calling the returns line, only to get recordings and no one returned my calls. I finally broke down and called Wick, letting him know about my problems with installation and I wanted to return the core. He went ballistic, saying I accused him of sending out a defective unit, and hanging up on me. I called back, only to have him tell me I could do whatever the F*** I wanted with the core and hung up again.

Now I don't know if I have a warranty or not, and if I would ever try and have a conversation with Wick again. The man cannot hold a civil discussion. He cannot accept criticism of any kind. He is right, you are wrong, period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2018 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rvcool/greenbrier-arkansas-72058/rvcool-wick-weckwerth-impossible-to-have-a-discussion-with-the-owner-without-him-flying-o-1458778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content