Complaint Review: Safeway Recovery Group - NY NY

• Safeway Recovery Group
    1177 avenue of the americas 5th floor
    NY, NY
    United States

Safeway Recovery Group Richard Murphy Tried to get my bank account info or credit card number. NY NY

Called my phone saying they were at my home trying to serve me a lawsuit. Gave me a phone number and case number to call Safeway Recovery Group.

I called and was threatened to give a bank account number or credit card number to pay $5000 on an old credit card from 2009 that was confirmed by the bank and N.C.O. that the $160.00 remaining unpaid balance was written off years ago and it's not showing on all credit reporting. He then said he would lower it to $1500.

I asked for written documents and verifcation he started name calling and threatening to have me arrested, garnish my wages, or stop my checking account. He said he would send me an email with the writen information, I waiting for 30 min to finally recieves a bogus mocked up no information docu sign stating I would pay him over the phone. I deleted the email and hung up the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2018 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/safeway-recovery-group/ny-ny/safeway-recovery-group-richard-murphy-tried-to-get-my-bank-account-info-or-credit-card-n-1443533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content