Complaint Review: Santiago Garcia Rey founder of Revolution Companies is a con artist - Boston Massachusetts

• Submitted: Tue, May 01, 2018
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2018
  • Reported By: Evaristo — Boston Massachussetts United States
  • Santiago Garcia Rey founder of Revolution Companies is a con artist

Boston, Massachusetts
    United States

Santiago Garcia Rey founder of Revolution Companies is a con artist Santiago Garcia Rey steals from Harvard classmates with fake investment and fake charity opportunities Boston Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: This report is completely false

*General Comment: This story is 100% false

*General Comment: El reporte sobre Santiago García Rey es falso

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False publication

Ive taken a few classes with Santiago Garcia Rey and he regularly pitched investment and charity opportunities to classmates. Several classmates and i gave Santiago money expecting to get 28%-35% returns a year on our investment. Santiago claimed Mexico is an emerging market therefor the returns we could get there were so much higher than anywhere in the United States and there was unbelievable amounts of upside. Santiago said the money he collected from all his Harvard classmates were going to buying real estate and heavily undervalued Mexican stocks.

A week after I gave him over a hundred thousand dollars (several classmates gave Santiago tens of thousands of dollars per person) he calls me up and asked if i want to support a charity him and his family started to help kids who are starving in Africa which i gave him a few thousand dollars to support becuase he showed me pictures of himself in Africa with kids. [continued below]....

..... Santiago collected our money in 2016 by 2018 nobody had gotten any returns on their money which he promised to give out every year. If anyone called or emailed Santiago asking for their money he'd simply block their phone number or email address. When i confronted him in person Santiago Garcia Rey said because of disfunction with the mexican government his investments had all failed and our money was gone. I googled the name of Santiago's company which was called "Revolution Companies" and found nothing on  his business or what they invested in. I heard from several of Santiago Garcia Rey's friends that he spent huge amounts of money on gifts and vacations for his girlfriend back in Mexico named Barbara, and spent huge amounts of money on drugs and escorts in Cambridge while going to Harvard as well.

Anyone that reads this needs to stay away from Santiago Garcia Rey and not give him any money. Several Harvard students and I are in the process of hiring a lawyer to go after him and try to recoup our money. Several Mexican students at Harvard have also told me his father who bought Santiago Garcia Rey's way into Harvard is a con artist too who is only not in prison because he's politically connected to the corrupt mexican government.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2018 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/santiago-garcia-rey-founder-of-revolution-companies-is-a-con-artist/boston-massachusetts-02114/santiago-garcia-rey-founder-of-revolution-companies-is-a-con-artist-santiago-garcia-rey-s-1441140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
1Employee/Owner

This report is completely false

AUTHOR: Camille - (Mexico)

For the past two years I have studied with Santiago García at Harvard. This story is completely false. Santiago has never asked for or raised money at Harvard from anyone to invest in any projects or charities. He has been married since before coming to Harvard and belongs to a very honorable family that owes nothing to the Mexican government. He got into Harvard by his own merits and has shown so both inside and outside the classroom. I know Santiago and his wife well and have been very dear friends at Harvard. Never has he been involved in any of the activities described in this post. It is inconceivable that someone can write such a harmful report from the protection of anonymity and without any elements of proof.

#2 General Comment

This story is 100% false

AUTHOR: Juan - (United States)

I'm a fellow Harvard classmate of Santiago and I have never been exposed to any of these behaviors mentioned in this report.

I've known him since the begininng of our 2-year program and I've never seen him dealing with prostitutes nor drugs.

He has never pitch me anything related to investments back in Mexico nor charities in Africa, nor have I seen him do so to any other classmate or heard of these activities.

The woman shown in the picture is his wife not his "girlfriend", who he has been married to before starting his degree at Harvard, and I know both of them well.

He got into Harvard by his own merits and through the appropiate admission process, same as everybody else without any influence from anyone.

I know Santiago's father and know through him that he's a very decent and honorable man who has never had any relationship with the Mexican Government.

#3 General Comment

El reporte sobre Santiago García Rey es falso

AUTHOR: Martina - (United States)

- Soy compañera de Santiago de Harvard y me consta que Santiago jamas le pidió dinero a nadie en Harvard ni para invertir ni para caridad
- Conozco a Santiago y no es ningún corrupto ni ladrón
- Conozco a través de Santiago a su padre y constato que es un hombre decente y honorable que jamás ha tenido relación alguna con ningún Gobierno
- Me consta que entró a Harvard a través del proceso de selección de la facultad y por mérito propio. Nadie lo ayudó a entrar de otra manera.
- Santiago y Bárbara están casados desde antes de entrar a Harvard y conozco muy bien a ambos
- Jamás vi ni escuché a Santiago decir que gastaba su dinero en drogas y/o prostitutas

- I'm a partner of Santiago de Harvard and I know that Santiago never asked anyone at Harvard for money or to invest or for charity
- I know Santiago and he is not corrupt or a thief
- I know his father through Santiago and I see that he is a decent and honorable man who has never had any relationship with any Government
- I know that he entered Harvard through the selection process of the faculty and by his own merit. No one helped him to enter otherwise.
- Santiago and Barbara are married before entering Harvard and I know both of them very well
- I never saw or heard Santiago say he spent his money on drugs and / or prostitutes

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False publication

AUTHOR: Santiago - (United States)

This is a complete lie and an insult to me and family. I have never asked anyone in my class for money, either for investing or charity. I have never stolen money from anyone. I have never met anyone named Evaristo (and there is no one in my student class with that name). My father has never worked in government and has never been part of a corruption scandal. This is clearly from someone who either just wants to get money from me or destroy my reputation, which I have worked hard to create and mantain. I demand that the author of this report provides proof that any of these events ever happened, since none of them ever did, and that this report is taken down. By the way, the person who wrote this clearly does not know me since I dont have girlfriend. I have been married for more than 2 years. Everyone of my classmates knows this. And every single one of them can confirm my trustworthiness and rectitud.