Complaint Review: Shah’s Jewelry - Massapequa NY

1 Sunrise Mall
    Massapequa, NY
    United States

Shah’s Jewelry Shahs Jewelry Diamond Fraud Massapequa New York

I ordered a VS1 .75 ct center, 1.55 ct diamond engagement ring which was paid in full by me. I went to pick up the ring the first time and it had a .5 ct center diamond, which was not what we agreed upon. The owner stated this was a mistake on his part, and offered to make the correction, which I agreed to. When I went to pick up the ring the 2nd time, he provided an appraisal showing that it was a .75 ct center, 1.55 ct tw ring. Following that, I had the ring independently appraised by 2 sources, verbally and in writing. The true size/weight is .55 ct center, 1.05 ct tw. The value is $2,475 less than the appraised value that the store provided, and less than what I paid for it, which he advertised as a sale/discount. I went back to the store with this information and he refused to issue a refund or provide any other resolution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2018 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shahs-jewelry/massapequa-ny-11757/shahs-jewelry-shahs-jewelry-diamond-fraud-massapequa-new-york-1442577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content