X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sharon Blount -- Building Relationships Around Book - Stockton California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lissa Woodson — Chicago Illinois United States
  • Sharon Blount -- Building Relationships Around Book
    7425 Karlsberg Circle
    Stockton, California
    United States

Sharon Blount -- Building Relationships Around Book Sharon C. Blount Sharon O'Connor Sharon Blount Fraudulently Altered the BRABONLINE.NET website to avoid giving a refund Stockton California

After securing the first two advertisements for $250, which included a courtesy registration to the event, and subsequent payments of $60 and $120, for a total of $430, BRAB/Sharon Blount emailed that the criteria for the advertisement had changed significantly where it would cost an additional $500 for the advertisements as I submitted them. I requested an initial refund of $180 for the three full pages, leaving the first two advertisements and the courtesy registration intact. Ms. Blount stated that there were no refunds and that the website and social media postings stated this.

Unfortunately, neither was correct and in Better Business Bureau Case12795640, Ms. Blount ADMITTED that she altered the website to state "all sales final" AFTER I requested the refund because it was an "oversight." She did not address the fact that social media postings on her page for April 3, 4, and 7 also did not have the terms. [continued below]....

..... In a series of email exchanges to wit Ms. Blount constantly questioned my choice to fully refund the authors who had paid me to advertise in 5 events for one price, including BRAB, and that I would simply use the space for myself. Ms. Blount's fear of the exchange being posted on Social Media, resulted in her "threat" to bring in a lawyer, rather than simply refunding the amount.

Then with the BBB she implies she is on Disability, running a business, and $12 left every month. We haven't had issues for the past years. This year, the criteria changed and I was not informed before making the payments. The email exchanges came to a point where neither attending the event, nor having the advertisements remain were feasible; and given the fact that a) I did not pay for those additional ads via the website b) that the terms were not, in fact, on the website as she asserted, a refund of $430 is reasonable.

The fact taht she admitted in a Better Business Bureau communication that she DID alter the sight the next day as it was an "oversight" BUT the social media postings were still the same, all lends to the fact that she was being fraudulent and not honorable in her business dealings. Thankfully, I took screenshots of the before and after of the website, and have all of the ones posted on social media. Then she had the audacity to post up a youtube video stating the next day after the Better Business Bureau sent my complaint, alleging that my request for refund is "bullying" and that she attempted suicide by takin three out of the thirty pills spread out on a table. Somehow she survived, took a week off from social medica, came back and changed her online name to Sharon O'Connor, and is back in the defrauding business.

After three years of doing business with this woman, to change the terms of advertising and not recognize the fact that a) I paid for them not via the website, and before ther term change to cost a base rate AND then an additional amount for each book cover (which, I might add is not industry standard and just plain greedy), shows a dishonestly that is the reason that I'm putting everyone on notice regarding this. I am not the only author who has had issues with her business practices, just the first one to make it public.

Video posted on YouTube on Thursday, April 19 (28:37 minutes)

Sharon Blount

6:44 marker:

I continued cry, and cry, and cry, throughout the night. My son is comforting me the best way he can. The best way he can. He finally goes to sleep and what entered my mind after keep crying is … I decided to kill myself last night (Wednesday, April 18, 2018). I leave my room, come into the living room where I’m at now and I take some pills. I ended up taking about three, and I had about 30 of them to take.

21:52 marker:

I’m going to tell you something else. I’m thinking twice, but I’m going to tell you this. Last year, around November. I was hurting, I had no tissue paper. No feminine hygiene wash. No nothing.  I had $12 a month, I know I’ve said it a couple of time. I had nothing. But I knew I wasn’t going to publicly ask anybody for help, not even just a GoFundMe, just publicly ask can I get help or go ask someone can I get help from someone who has helped me before. I just wasn’t going to do it.  I have my pride. So what I decided to do … I was gonna sell my body. At a truck stop. Sorry. I decided to do that. I go there and what happens to me. I kind of punk out because I knew it was wrong in God’s eyes.  And they … the person wouldn’t let me go and I was raped. And I didn’t report it because I felt like I deserved it. I’m sorry. I felt like I deserved it  because I shouldn’t have been out there anyway. This is how bad the environment I was in. I was too scared to say I needed help. Because people made me feel bad. I’d rather sell my soul. Never admitted. That’s my personal shame. I feel that you guys needed to know that. How bad it is. What I decided … I’m leaving this pariah filled environment …

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2018 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sharon-blount-building-relationships-around-book/stockton-california-95207/sharon-blount-building-relationships-around-book-sharon-c-blountsharon-oconnor-shar-1446433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content