X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Shockwave.com - listmedia.com - checkoutfree.com - San Francisco California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: ypsilanti Michigan
  • Shockwave.com - listmedia.com - checkoutfree.com 225 Bush Street #1200 San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Shockwave.com - listmedia.com - checkoutfree.com I gave a credit card for a 10 free trial after 3 days, my game stopped working showing "Assertion Failure" and couldn't play the game again. No one to contact or talk to. San Francisco California

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I used a credit card to get a 10 day fee trial to use one of shockwave's games. Then a promotion came up that if I tried the promotion, I would get the game for free forever.

On the 3rd day anytime I went to hit start, the game would freeze up and I had to hit escape to get back at my desktop. I still can't play the game. I filled out their forms to explain and checkoutfree.com would email and claim it was probably my problem.

I phoned chieckoutfree.com 800-826-5183 melissa answered and said she could help me with the password to her site but to cancel, fix the game or talk to anyone she couldn't help me and said she has asked her supervisor about a better contact situation but so far hasn't gotten a response. I had to mail them a letter telling them if they didn't call me or email me I would call the Federal trade commission.

Raachel271
ypsilanti, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shockwavecom-listmediacom-checkoutfreecom/san-francisco-california-94104/shockwavecom-listmediacom-checkoutfreecom-i-gave-a-credit-card-for-a-10-free-trial-411183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair