X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Signature Health Group - Galaxy Health Network - Arlington Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Clinton Washington
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Signature Health Group - Galaxy Health Network 631 106th Street, Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Signature Health Group - Galaxy Health Network BEWARE, Deceptive sales tactics, buy, see DR, diagnose, NOT INSURANCE, Too late Arlington Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I needed health insurance. I went online and filled out a few ads for quotes. I started to get phones calls from sales people, asking the basic questions. I live on an island and we have certain limitations when it comes to health care, especially if they are MEDICAL DISCOUNT CARDS.
I ask specific questions. I asked if two hospitals/ clinics were covered under their policy. The local hospital and the clinic across the water. The response being yes. I asked if their policy covered surgery, again yes. I asked how much, very easily spoken by the sales person was " We cover up to $10,000.00 and 70% after that." Wonderful, now I can make my appointment, without fear of a huge bill later. I was in need of seeing a Dr and expressed that to the salesman. He assured me that if I paid the 224.00 premium that they would expedite my payment and get me rolling with an ID number.
I made an apointment for 2 days later as I was assured everything would fall into place.
I gave the front counter my ID number, went to my appointment and continued on. I was diagnosed with Graves Disease. I was sent to a specialist early on a Mon. morning. After the specialist, was another, then a cat scan, then a surgeon. I was diagnosed early March, surgery by the end of April. When I was notified that I was going for surgery, the nurse,commented on a note in my file. It was from the billing dept that said that I do not have health insurance, but in fact a MEDICAL DISCOUNT CARD. They were not going to cover any part of the surgery, I now have a prexisting condition with surgery coming up. HMM.. I feel screwed. I made phone calls to the company that sold me the insurance. Since the call was taped, they went back and listened to what I was told. Their response to me was, "WE can't be resposible for what our employees tell you to sell you a policy." They supposedly fired the guy. I went to the insurance company and they said They are very sorry that I was mislead and that I could cancel my policy if I was unhappy. HMM... screwed again. I kept the card hoping for some light somewhere, since I couldn't really go elsewhere at this point. They didn't help with anything. There were no big discounts and to top it off the clinic I asked about being in the plan had never heard of them. I was stuck with HUGE Dr. bills over $23,000.00 after the tests, surgery, an ambulance ride, and 1 night
in the hospital. These are now in collections. I am however paying on them. It is going to take forever.
They have taken no responsibility for their people. The Attorney general doesn't want to help, I seem to be getting brushed off. There has to be a way to make these people take responsibility for their employees. They are misleading and can leave you with way more than you asked for. Not in benefits, but in debt.

Whidtig
Clinton, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2008 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/signature-health-group-galaxy-health-network/arlington-texas-76006/signature-health-group-galaxy-health-network-beware-deceptive-sales-tactics-buy-see-d-335650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair