Complaint Review: Sling TV -

• Updated: Tue, July 10, 2018
  • Reported By: Cody — Seabrook United States
  • Sling TV

United States

Sling TV Sling TV Kept Billing Me For a Whole Year After I Cancelled Service Internet

I subscribed to Sling TV on my Roku for the NCAA Finals in March of 2017. It worked just fine, to be fair. Afterwards I decided I missed broadcast sports enough to upgrade myself to a better cable package and so I didn't need Sling TV anymore. So I cancelled in late March 2017.

They sent me the standard "Sorry to see you go" emails and then "We want you back" emails over the proceeding months. but I didn't realize they had kept charging me. I noticed the latest charge in June of this year over 15 months later! Yeah, I should probably keep better track of my account charges. But, you know, when you cancel the account and they cut off your service and they send you the ex-customer emails you just assume they stop billing you. Well, excuuuuuuuse me for assuming what should be the obvious!

And, to make matters worse, I got the runaround from Sling TV when I pointed out the hundreds of dollars of errant charges. [continued below]....

..... They said they couldn't look into the matter unless I provided them with details of the account that I CANCELLED 15 MONTHS AGO. They have my email address! They OBVIOUSLY have my credit card number. SO LOOK IT UP!

Still waiting for my money. Seriously, reconsider cable.

TL;DR; Don't assume they'll stop billing you after they cancel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2018 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sling-tv/-/sling-tv-sling-tv-kept-billing-me-for-a-whole-year-after-i-cancelled-service-internet-1451119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content