X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Smithsonian Institute (magazine); aka: Palm Coast Data - Palm Coast Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Ms Richards — Tustin California United States
  • Smithsonian Institute (magazine); aka: Palm Coast Data
    11 Commerce Blvd.
    Palm Coast, Florida
    United States

Smithsonian Institute (magazine); aka: Palm Coast Data Aka: Palm Coast Data (386) 445-4662 11 Commerce Blvd., Palm Coast, FL 32164 Deceitful unsolicited mail and online email ads or 1 free magazine offer I that after requesting the 1 free magazine, I received a bill and deceitful ads and mail notices. Palm Coast Florida

After receiving unsolicited ads in the mail June thru August 2018 and online, suposingly from the Smithsonian Institute, for 1 free Smithsonian Institute magazine , I accepted. After I received the free magazine I received a bill for 1 year subscription, which I ignored.

Then by mail I received from them in August 2018 a "Special Discount Magazine Subscription Offer" of 1 year of this magazine at a great reduced price so I enrolled for such with my payment in full received on 9/5/2018 - for 1 years worth of Smithsonian Institute magazines.

A month after my payment was received on 9/5/2018 I started receiving bills for "Smithsonian Institute Magazine Subscription Renewal" of Smithsonian. I also received "Subscription Renewal" notices.

This isbless than 2 months after paying for 1 years worth of the magazine. Today, 11/27/2018, after much investigating online, I found this business/company that advertises online and by mail as SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE is a business that goes by the name of PALM COAST DATA out of Palm Coast, Florida that sells Smithsonian Institute magazines & magazine subscriptions.

I had to go on the Internet to find a phone number to contact them because all of their ads and mail has their phone number omitted. So today, 11/27/2018, I called them at 1-386-455-4662 and talked to a Customer Service rep and informed the rep that I was upset at them for mailing me magazine bills and subscription renewal notices less than 2 months after paying for a 1 yr magazine subscription to Smithsonian Institute magazine.

I told the rep that after my 1 year subscription is over, I never want to be contacted by them again. The rep did confirm that I was subscribed to the Smithsonian Institute magazine with them, and confirmed my name, adddress and payment in full in Sept 2018 for 1 years worth of Smithsonian Institute magazine.

The employee apologized to me for getting billed again and for their mailing me ads, notices ;/or solicitations for another subscription renewal 2 months after I already subscribed and paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2018 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/smithsonian-institute-magazine-aka-palm-coast-data/palm-coast-florida-32164/smithsonian-institute-magazine-aka-palm-coast-data-aka-palm-coast-data-386-445-4662-1468265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content