Complaint Review: Specialty Risk Services Aka SRS - Hunt Valley Maryland
- Specialty Risk Services Aka SRS P.O. Box 807 Hunt Valley, Maryland U.S.A.
- Phone: 877-494.8010
- Category: Insurance Companies
Specialty Risk Services Aka SRS Worker's Compensation company is a scam and a joke. Hunt Valley Maryland
PFG had their Workers Comp policy through Specialty Risk Services, which whom I filed an accident report as soon as I got to the office. I had fractured my knee in 2 places due to landing flat on my right knee from 5 feet up.
I had gone to the hospital when I returned to my home, and got Xrays done, and I was ordered to stay off for 3 days. PFG along with SRS ordered me to their work doctor, that was paid by SRS to have me return to work asap. The worker's comp doctor flatly refused the hospital orders and ordered me back to work that night, with no time missed for my injury.
One week later, I was injured again, same knee having a 60 pound box of potatoes dropped on it, and spraining knee, lower leg and ankle. Again, the WC doc ordered me back to work, or lose my job. I returned to PFG and said I was not able to do any kind of heavy work, but they said they had no light duty for truck drivers, so I was fired for being unable to do the work.
Since April 2006, I retained an attorney, and SRS was ordered to pay for my injuries to 70% of my wages by the Md. Worker's Compensation Board, but up to now, June of 2007, SRS has still refused to pay, citing I was not hurt, or i missed my treatments, or they had already paid me by cheque. However, SRS would not produce copies of any endorced checks, showing when, where, if, and who cashed them.
The above is impossible, because I lost my home, my belongings, my car, and my family. I did not have a chequing account since 2002, as my wife took care of the bills. After we lost the apartment in Elkton, Md. I was evicted, and sent my wife and daughter back to her parent's home in NC, while I stayed in a men's shelter in Chester County, Pa. until the fall of 2006 when my mother offered me a room. Since then, my knee has gotten far worse, and I am completely disabled, and suffer anxiety and depressive disorders due to 2 mental breakdowns from the stress and pain I am in. Just 2 weeks ago, I had a perscription from my doctor for a knee brace, which they refused to pay for, on top of my perscriptions.
Since then SRS has still refused to co-operate with my attorney to get this settled, but SRS knows they are liable. I will be forced to take them to court and file a 'Bad Faith Claim' against the Hunt Valley, Md. office of SRS, which will cost them not only the 70% of wages i'm owed, but also an additional 20% more for being late with any payments, totaling 90% of my wages since I was hurt in March 2006. And additionally, the 'Bad Faith Claim' can be charged to 300% of my claim, or 3 times what it is worth.
Mary Hodgson and Krystal Harris at SRS knows they are in the wrong, and SRS WILL Pay for how badly they ruined my life. I did not ask to get hurt, I just ask that I was to be compensated fairly for my claim. However, since SRS has resorted to fraud and misrepresation, I will be forced to bring these facts to the Judge and Jury when my case is heard. I have ALL the reports and forms in my posession as well as my attorney.
If anyone wishes to contact me, like news organizations, web sites, or others, please do so here in a response and I will contact you.
Let's get an attorney, or DA that can go national with this, for a major malpractice suit against SRS for defrauding hard working workers that got hurt.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2007 12:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specialty-risk-services-aka-srs/hunt-valley-maryland-21030/specialty-risk-services-aka-srs-workers-compensation-company-is-a-scam-and-a-joke-hunt-v-251341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.