Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
Report: #282123

Complaint Review: SpeedPay Pay - Nationwide

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: largo Maryland
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • SpeedPay Pay Nationwide U.S.A.

SpeedPay Pay Fraud took money out of my banking account $208.00 with out Permission Fraud Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: What YOU need to do.

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

I look at my bank account to day to see how much money I have in their because I wanted to get gas in the car. I knew I have money inn their but for some reason I look my account up online and realize that my account was over drawn $292.00 plus over draft fees. I never heard of this company called SpeedPay Pay. One of my Co-worker looked it up for me and it is Western Union.

Someone in this company is taking my account information and charging it. I did not give them any permission to take this money out of my account but on $58.95 for a credit card bill I was paying for. So this person pay my credit card bill plus took addition $208.00 out on the same day.

Someone need to do something. This is Fraud and may need to result in a lawer especially if it keeps happening recently. From the other report on here it happen four days in between. Someone from FBI or something needs to check this out.

largo, Maryland
According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the chargetruth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


demand tion E.
Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and orm.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Western Union

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2007 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

What YOU need to do.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, November 01, 2007

First thing, file a fraud claim with your bank.

First call their customer service number to make the initial report. The bank will probably tell you that you have to contact the company that made the debit. If you already have a contact number for the company, call them first, then call the bank otherwise get the contact number associated with the debit transaction.

Call the company that made the debit. Demand a refund and demand they stop debiting your account. Inform them you will be filing a fraud claim with your bank. Even if the company tells you they will refund your money, call your bank back and file a fraud claim anyway. Make sure to follow it up with a signed fraud affidavit. You should be able to get a form from your bank branch or possible print out a copy from your bank's web site. If not you can also search the web for a generic form to fill out and send in. Make sure you get the correct address to send it to.

It is not always the banks main mailing address. This way there are no delays. Make sure you keep a copy of all documents you send them.

The bank should issue a provisional credit while they investigate your fraud claim but only after they receive the signed affidavit. They should also refund your fees that are associated with the fraudulent debit.

It may take several weeks for the bank to complete their investigation. When they do you should receive a letter explaining the outcome.

If the bank should rule against you and say the debit and fees are valid, you are entitled to get a copy of the documentation that they used to investigate your claim. In that event you should also file a complaint with the governing agency for your bank and your state's banking commision. They will investigate to make sure the bank followed proper procedure to investigate you fraud claim.

Its alot of work and calls to make but you have to be the one to go after your money. Be persistant but also be patient. These take a bit of time.

Good luck.

Respond to this report!
What's this?
Featured Reports

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now