X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Christine — tyler TX United States
  • Square Cash App NA San Francisco, CA United States

Square Cash App Cash App Square Money Sent to non-existent account and not returned San Francisco CA California

*General Comment: Cash app is a ripoff

Okay, so I sent money ($944) to a phone number of a friend. I didn't realize that he had not set up the app. Once I realized that I thought "Okay, I'll cancel this" NOPE. Money was received by a cash name and was not eligible to be returned. You can REQUEST a return but the person who received it has to agree to it.

I immediately tried finding some way of contacting customer service for this Cash App. Submitted an online query where I provided all requested information. THey e-mailed me 24 hours later asking for the same information AGAIN. I sent an e-mail back with all of the same stuff. Another couple of hours later someone who was not reading my messages responded saying that I was having trouble receiving money and telling me how to "cash out". This goes on and ON. I go on TWITTER because I think that a real human person is reading the tweets so maybe I  can get some help. I post on Facebook. I respond to the e-mails they are sending me and try to be patient. This goes on... It has been exactly a week tomorrow.

They ask me for the recipients e-mail address because ONLY THEY can give permission to send my $944 back. I provide the e-mail address. Why? WHY DID I DO THAT? I could have given them any e-mail!! I didn't. I gave them a legit e-mail. I tell my friend to watch out for the e-mail and nothing. I ask them to send it again, Nothing. STILL NOTHING. I send a tester e-mail to my friend and they respond. I asked them to please CC me in the e-mail so that I can see that it is actually being sent. That is where I am now. We shall see what happens. Please don't use this app. PLEASE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2018 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/square-cash-app/san-francisco-ca-na/square-cash-app-cash-app-square-money-sent-to-non-existent-account-and-not-returned-san-fr-1460752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Cash app is a ripoff

AUTHOR: Debra - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, September 13, 2018

So as you may know cash app is apart of square so for a week now cash app still hasn't paid me my 302 dollars they took and blamed it on a bank that I have never dealed with and today they gave me a new ticket number and do the whole process again