Complaint Review: Starr Communications - Internet

United States
  • Phone: 407-401-8827
  • Web:
  • Category:

I worked for this company for two months and only received $80. Everything the other poster said about them is true. THEY DO NOT PAY. They keep giving you the run around. They are liars and scam artist. You will regret doing business with them on any level.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2018 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/starr-communications/internet/starr-communications-starr-communications-411starr-communications-authorized-dealer-this-1429064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

And the rules just keep changing (so they don't have to pay me)

AUTHOR: JCT - (United States)

This is laughable.  After asking for the umpteenth time to pay me my pittance of a commission, they responded with the following:

We regret to inform you that due to "no sales coming in" or "jotforms being completed since March 20th, 2018", the corporate office has now mandated that due to the increasing number of cancellations & chargebacks that are occurring. When an agent or call center does not submit any deals or jotforms within the past 7 days, it is the company policy as stated in the compliance agreement you signed that we hold 5 FULL sales of your commissions per provider in a reserve account for 180 days to protect us from any future cancellations, chargebacks, etc >>> If after the 180 days have gone by & the deals have not cancelled or charged back, then the commissions owed would be disbursed. Please check back with us after the 180 day holding period for funding.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Payouts

AUTHOR: Jilted - (United States)

Suzanne, I'm glad you have had a great experience with them.  I hoped for the same, but have only been paid once.  There are two installs I'm trying to get paid for, and I continue to get the run-around.  The installs were completed 60 days ago.  I keep getting updated notes about how long it takes to get paid on these and the target keeps changing (up to four weeks after install, per the service provider).  And seriously, why did they send me a hand written check rather than direct deposit, especially when they had my direct deposit info?

Either way, nobody should have to wait that long for the pittance I have earned.  I have spent well over $400 on marketing and have gotten less than $100 in commissions.  At least some of you have gotten paid.  I have even asked to talk to other successful agents to learn how they are earning so much, but I was denied.

Company Employee Quit Lying

AUTHOR: Cheated - (United States)

This response is probably from one of the people who works in the office. I followed the program and got orders. What I said and standby is that Starr Communications did not pay me all of my commissions. They are a scam company and a ripoff and Im trying to help others to not lose money and waste time with a company that is dishonest and does not pay!!

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not true. Starr Communications is an honest, reputable company

AUTHOR: Suzanne - (United States)

I just wanted to reply to this post as usually everyone that ever puts stuff online is always negative so I thought I would shed some light on the earning potential of this opportunity.

This person says that they only made $80 which I find that to be just impossible if you are working the campaign the correct way.

They say you have to put in $5-10 a day with facebook & Google adwords which is true. This is how the phone calls/leads are generated along with all of the jotforms that will pour into your inbox. F/B & Google wont even bill you for 30 days later so you get to earn commissions first b4 you have to pay for the advertising which is awesome! Its nothing compared to the commissions your making. I am greatful that I found this GIG!! You have to work though!! You have to do follow up. You need to return calls. Call the missed calls back. Text the customers. Email the customers. Follow the scripts. It works. Keep track of everything on your excel spreadsheet. I average 5-6 Installs a day. As long as you follow the formula, you will make alot of money.

The nice thing about Google adwords is the phone calls start coming in the same day & the jotforms as well so you are taking orders the same day you start. This is a great opportunity to make a nice paycheck every week. It is as consistant as you can get. The deal is simple. People call to find out what providers are in their area. You tell them which packages are available & you schedule them for the installation. Simple.

They email you letting you know exactly what is going on with the customer wether they approved on credit or if a deposit is required. Either way you know what to do. Schedule them with a different provider if they get denied. Work the customers. Try to get them scheduled with a different provider. They also email you a funding report letting you know which deals are to be funded. Dont give up so easily. Bottom line is it is the easiest service to sell as everyone needs these services & really cant live without them.

I have had many conversations with the people that run the company & they all work 12-13 hours a day / 7 days a week to process our deals! Now, thats teamwork. Who else is gonna work that hard to make sure you are successful? They really do care about our success. They are now paying us through the Square Cash App to make sure we all get paid within minutes on Friday. Now thats cool.

Shame on people that try to bad rep good hard working companies trying to provide an opportunity to help people like me work from home to earn a nice living. Im extremely happy with them. I get paid every week. Never an issue getting paid with this company what so ever. Would highly recommend. A+++