X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Streamline Executive Group/ Five Point Marketing - Springfield Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Hoffman Estates Illinois
  • Streamline Executive Group/ Five Point Marketing 2200 Clearlake Ave. Springfield, Illinois U.S.A.

Streamline Executive Group/ Five Point Marketing I applied, they called back, I won't be going for the interview Springfield Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I applied for a job with this company. I have gotten pretty good about filtering out "not gonna work here" jobs, but this one slipped my RADAR.

If you are applying for a job with a legitimate company in the 21st century, they have a website. I tried internet searching the company name and the only things that came up were job listings. Also, a real company should have an address. I finally found the address (well, for the "corporate" office--over 200 miles away) by doing a search of the phone number. A phone number, by the way, that is listed to a company with a different name. And that is how I found the corporate website...

I agree with everything that's been said on the subject of these pyramid/outdoor sales-marketing scams about the frequent name and location changes. It's fishy, at best. Legitimate companies are trying to build brand recognition, not avoid it. Real companies want to establish offices where people can find them. If the waiting room is filled with folding chairs and easy to move items, you've got to wonder.

And any hiring manager, or even a hiring team, worth their weight in salt will be able to tell you about the position you are applying for. The number one question I ask in an interview now is: can you tell me the tasks involved in a typical day? If you don't get point-by-point accounts, ask for something more specific. If they can't provide it, I'd say a fair rule-of-thumb is to move on.

When the girl answered me with "that's a great question, and that hiring personel can answer the question if you come in for an interview," my answer was "no thanks."

Somebody's gotta say something
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/streamline-executive-group-five-point-marketing/springfield-illinois-62703/streamline-executive-group-five-point-marketing-i-applied-they-called-back-i-wont-be-g-321048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair