Complaint Review: TD Meloche Monnex - Toronto Ontario

2161 Yonge St
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada

TD Meloche Monnex Classic US Style Insurance Ripoff Toronto Ontario

TD Meloche Monnex is a classic U.S. style ripoff insurance company.

In 2011, most homes in my neighborhood sustained roof damage due to a severe hail storm. Most houses on my street had their roof repairs covered by their insurer.

When I inquired TD Meloche Monnex about fixing my roof, which had significant damage, they sent over an adjuster to inspect the roof. They concluded that my roof had no hail damage. Instead, they stated that my roof had sun damage and consequently, would not cover the cost of repairs.

At the end of the year, they unexpectedly raised my rates by hundreds of dollars. When I asked why they would increase my premiums when I had not made any claims, they stated (I kid you not): "Dear sir, your neighborhood sustained significant hail damage in 2011 and therefore all insured in your area have had a premium increase".

I terminated my insurance wit them. They had their front line employees call me 5 times trying to convince me not to leave, asking why I was not satisfied with this ridiculous racket. Each time their employees ended up saying "I am speechless, I understand and good for you for ditching us".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2018 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/td-meloche-monnex/toronto-ontario-m4s-3a6/td-meloche-monnex-classic-us-style-insurance-ripoff-toronto-ontario-1424472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content