X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: The Electronic Goldmine - Scottsdale Arizona

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: mmcmac — Newark California United States of America
  • The Electronic Goldmine 9322 N. 94th Way, Suite 104 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

The Electronic Goldmine Electronic Goldmine ships defective / damaged merchandise with no buyer recourse Scottsdale, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Outragous Shipping Cost

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Very shady business practices.  Not only do they sit on orders forever despite their false advertising to the contrary.  But when (not if) they ship you defective merchandise the response from them is "hey, it's all surplus stuff.  You get what you get."   Nice.

I had the misfortune of having the owner pick up the phone once when I called to inquire on quantity availability of an item. He essentially barked at me for expecting them to have quantity stock of the item (even though it was advertised on their website
in quantity) and went on about how they "buy up the remains of companies going down", and quickly ended the call.  Nice.

Their shipping "policy" is equally suspect.  You pay a surcharge over the UPS rate and they don't even pack the purchased items competently.  That winds up as shipping damage and you get to pick up the phone for another cycle of abuse.

I'd avoid these jokers if at all possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-electronic-goldmine/scottsdale-arizona-85258/the-electronic-goldmine-electronic-goldmine-ships-defective-damaged-merchandise-with-no-580215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Outragous Shipping Cost

AUTHOR: Bargain Props - ()

POSTED: Friday, March 28, 2014

Watch out Eletronic Goldmine will try to charge you triple the cost on shipping! I made a order, used their shipping tool, paid for the order, received a email comfriming the order. Two days later I received a call telling me my shipping cost was a mistake and the $44 would not cover it. If I wanted my order it would be $144 just for shipping.

This is the 2nd time that's happen to me with this company. The first time the difference was only a few dollars. Both times it happened I both something they had at a discounted price. This never happened on my other 3 orders.  But those were not on sale. So if you buy something from this company on sale they triple the shipping!

Bad comapny and I will never buy from them again.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair