What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: The Entrepreneur's Source - Southbury Connecticut

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Edison New Jersey
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • The Entrepreneur's Source 900 Main Street South Southbury, Connecticut U.S.A.

Entrepreneur's Source ripoff unjust termination of franchise Nothing about this business is anything like what I was led to believe about it. Southbury Connecticut

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I purchased a franchise from TES having been led to believe in the possibilities that The Entrepreneur's Source is successful franchise opportunity "fastest growing franchise in the country today", "great potential", proven system with over 90% sucess rate" "easy business to own and operate with a great support system" "enjoy a lifestyle comperable to no other" "first rate training".

This was just some of the propaganda being dumped on me as I was led through the validation of this business. My validation calls, as are the calls of many other potential franchisees, are directed to certain people who will give a postive feedback on this franchise. Only after you've invested your hard earned dollars do you find you're nothing more than a telemarketer for certain franchise opportunities.

Nothing about this business is anything like what I was led to believe about it. After almost 18 months of struggling I found myself for the first time, unable to pay for my $750.00 monthly advertising fund.

Within 3 days I received a release form and within 3 weeks of that, I received a letter of termination from the franchisor's attorney.

In almost 18 months, I have spent over 70K for this franchise and related costs and have netted less than 10K. The advertising fund dollars don't go towards actual advertising either. That money is supposedly spent on the purchasing of lists of names of those people who have logged onto a website, promising them information about a particular business opportunity. When they're called 99&9/10% have no idea who you are or why you're calling. Any actual advertising as most people have come to know it is done at the additional expense of the franchisee.

Beyond that each franchisee is forced to pay for an unproven marketing system of postcards that are usually discarded by their recipients however the franchisor gets a piece of that pie too.

In June 2002 I joined The Entrepreneurs' Source with 23 other people all of us being promised the opportunity of a lifetime. Less than 2 years later over half of them including myslef have either sold out at a substantial loss, simply have gone out of business or in my case have been notified of termination because I haven't paid my ad fund for November 2003, have not given them my credit card to simply take the money from me which I don't have, or allowed them access to my bank accounts whereby they can simply withdraw the money. The process of sending in a check is not acceptable.

BE WARNED! THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SOURCE IS NOT anything that its advertised as being and though there are many hardworking people within the "system" the "system" is an overwhelming failure.

Bob
Edison, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2003 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-entrepreneurs-source/southbury-connecticut-06488/entrepreneurs-source-ripoff-unjust-termination-of-franchise-nothing-about-this-business-i-73006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content