Complaint Review: Thompson Landscape - Plano TX

• Thompson Landscape
    P.O. Box 941625
    Plano, TX
    United States

Thompson Landscape ,Thompson Lawncare, Thompson Landscaping, Thompson Landscape of Plano TX Thompson Landscape of Plano TX billed me for fraudelent charges and then turned them over to a collection agency Plano TX Texas

THOMPSON LANDSCAPE WILL SHAKE YOU DOWN FOR FRAUDULENT CHARGES AND PUT BOGUS COLLECTIONS ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT!

This company will try to shake you down for lawn mowing charges that they didn't do and then turn these charges over to a collection company to mess up your credit report if you don't pay them off. This is exactly what happened to me.

I hired them on a temporary basis until I found a renter for rental house I own in Carrollton.  Once the renter moved in, he agreed to cut the yard himself.  On a Sunday, I emailed Thompson Landscape and informed them I no longer needed their services.  On Tuesday, I found out that had gone ahead and mowed the grass at the vacant house the day before (Monday), even after I had emailed them not to.  As the back gate had been locked, they had only mowed the front yard.

I called them and they said I did not give them 24 hour cancellation notice as was required in their "contract". [continued below]....

.....  I asked them what "contract" they were referring to as I had never signed a contract and they said they had emailed me one. I went back in my emails and found a lengthy legal contract in my spam folder, requesting I sign/date it and return to them.

Three points to clarify here. First, this "contract" was sent to me after I had already started service with them. Second, when I initially hired them to start service, they never once mentioned I would be required to sign a legal binding “contract” just to have my yard cut.  Third, I never signed their so called “contract” so it was meaningless.

I have had my yard cut before by different companies and was never required to sign a "contract".  Had they informed me up front about their so called contract, I would have found another company to mow my grass.  In any case, I called them and told them I found their contract in my spam folder but since I never did sign and return it to them, it is meaningless.

Their response was that even though I did not sign and return it to them, it was in force because they had emailed it to me – what??  I realized at this point they were trying to shake me down for a $32 mowing that I had specifically emailed them not to do (and they only mowed the front yard).

I refused to pay their bill and their response was to then start emailing me a bill for two mowings. I went back thru all my checks and their invoices and verified I had paid them in full for all mowings up to the the partial one that they had just done.  I guess they figured that since they were trying to shake me down, might as well try to shake me down for two mowings instead of one.

I called them back and spoke with a lady named Blanca and she aruged with me and refused to let me speak with a manager about these two bogus charges.  They were scamming me and I was not about to reward them for their unethical business practices they were employing.  Blanca threatened me by saying if I don’t pay them $64 right away, they will turn over my account to a collection agency and this collection will show on my credit report.  I told her I was not going to be a victim of their shake-down practices and I would sue them if they turned over bogus charges to a collection agency.

About two weeks went by and I have now received a collection letter from a collection company out of New York City in the amount of $94.54.  They apparently added some more bogus fees on top of the $64 they were trying to get from me.  I intend to file complaints with the FTC, the State of Texas Attorney General, and the Better Business Bureau.

I advise anyone needing their grass cut to avoid this company unless you want to be a victim of their shake-down practices and have them try to mess up your credit report like they did me.  Attached is a copy of the collection letter I received from their collection company that they turned over to them with the fraudulent charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2018 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thompson-landscape/plano-tx-75094/thompson-landscape-thompson-lawncare-thompson-landscaping-thompson-landscape-of-plano-t-1446730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content