X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Top Consultants LLC and Alvarez Garcia & Associates - Chicago Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: RGL — IL United States
  • Top Consultants LLC and Alvarez Garcia & Associates
    303 W Wacker Drive
    Chicago, Illinois
    United States

Top Consultants LLC and Alvarez Garcia & Associates Buying Timeshare Resales on behalf of Grupo Carso, Mexico Chicago Ilinois

*Author of original report: Grupo Carso (Ultimate Buyer?) Absolutely No Help!

*Author of original report: Names associated with TOP Consultants and Alvarez Garcia

Was solicited to sell my timeshare for $18,000 and as part of the Purchase & Resale Contract, Top Consultants was reselling the timeshare to Grupo Carso whose principal is Mr. Carlos Slim.  I was responsible for initially paying $2,000 in trnasfer fees which were to be reimbursed and I was provided with a statement showing that $18,000 was deposited in escrow for the sale price.

Several other bills were sent for various taxes, etc. by the attorneys - Alvarez Garcia & Associates in Mexico - handling the closing and to date I have advanced over $13,000.  I have received Guarantee Letters, etc. from Alvarez Garcia & Associates guaranteeing payment by both Top Consultants LLC and by Grupo Carso.  I have also received numerous confirmations of wire transfers to my account only to be told that they were being held up due to a new tax, certificate, fee, etc.

I was finally able to get in touch with an attorney that works with Grupo Carso and was told that everything, including the Guarantee Letter provided on Grupo Carso letterhead, was fraudulent.  While Grupo Carso offered to cooperate in the event I reported these fraudulent activities to authorities, they would not get involved in any restitution or proactive litigation against Top Consultants LLC and/or Alvarez Garcia & Associates.

Beware - do not deal with Top Consultants LLC or Alvarez Garcia & Associates and as I have found out, if you do and have been taken by these people, do not count on any help from anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2018 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/top-consultants-llc-and-alvarez-garcia-associates/chicago-illinois-60606/top-consultants-llc-and-alvarez-garcia-amp-associates-buying-timeshare-resales-on-behalf-1458446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Grupo Carso (Ultimate Buyer?) Absolutely No Help!

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The ultimate buyer of my timeshare was Grupo Carso as outlined in the Purchase & Resale Contract (copy attached), Guarantee Letter signed by a Grupo Carso Board of Directors member on their letterhead (copy attached) and wire transfer (copy attached).

I had dialogue both on the phone and via email with Mr. Carlos Slim's personal attorney and this individual has represented Grupo Carso in numerous capacities over the past 22+ years.  These people are of no help whatsoever.  The attorney offered to cooperate if I reported this, pursued this, etc.  When I explained that I was out over $13,000 and my wife and I only have a monthly income of Social Security and a small Catholic school pension she earned, he said they felt sorry for us but here wasn't anything they could do as they hadn't done anything wrong and they are a publicly traded company and their duty is to their shareholders (and not us).

The last I checked, Mr. Slim is one of the 10 richest men in the world.  When I said that this was't the first and only incident of someone using Grupo Carso to carry on a timeshare resale scheme, that didn't seem to phase him/them.  When I stated that I felt that they had an obligation now that they know about this, he said that they have been involved in litigation before and will be in the future but at this point, they do  not feel that they have any obligations and that they are victims just like I was.  THERE IS NO HELP WHATSOEVER FROM GRUPO CARSO IN THIS MATTER!!

Names associated with TOP Consultants and Alvarez Garcia

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 28, 2018

You should be aware of the following individuals associated with Top Consultants and Alvarex Garcia & Associates:

Top Consultants:  Roberto Montano and Steven Faraday Stone

Alvarex Garcia & Associates - Daniel Guzman Amayo

Copy of documents described previously are attached.