What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: US Bank ReliaCard - Internet Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: rocky7723 — Portland Oregon United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • US Bank ReliaCard Internet United States of America

US Bank ReliaCard Refused to cancel a fraudulent transaction issued on my card Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: They didn't explain it very well.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

11 hours after my unemployment was loaded on my card in Oregon, where I live and were I am physically , it was unloaded, used for a gas purchase in the state of Conneticut. My local US Bank branch said it was a ReliaCard issue and US Bank ReliaCard said it was my issue or "problem", that in 4 to 5 days I could disput the transaction if I cared to, otherwise Tough Luck! They also had the audacity to ask me if I was sure I did not purchase the gas, this was after I spent $16 at the college bookstore in Hillsboro Oregon then 2 hours later bought Gas in Uncasville Connecticut and returned home, 6,000 miles in less than 4 hours, would'nt NASA be proud of me, and with all that trafic in between.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-bank-reliacard/internet/us-bank-reliacard-refused-to-cancel-a-fraudulent-transaction-issued-on-my-card-internet-803726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They didn't explain it very well.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

POSTED: Thursday, December 01, 2011

"US Bank ReliaCard said it was my issue or "problem", that in 4 to 5 days I could disput the transaction if I cared to, otherwise Tough Luck! "

That is how debit cards work.   The gas purchase you saw is probably a "hold", which is issued at the time the card is used.  The transaction is not official until the merchant submits the actual transaction information to the bank.  This routinely takes 3 to 5 days.  You cannot dispute a "hold", so you have to wait for the transaction to clear.

In the meantime, you should have had your old card cancelled and ordered a new card.  If someone really has your card info, they could use it again.