X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

What seemed like a repeat transaction has turned into me being scammed out of $500. About a year ago, I bought a lead list from a company called Prestige. That list was actually fairly decent. Not perfect, but had some good contacts on there.

Fast forward, I started getting phone calls from a new contact at US Marketing Source, saying the Prestige had changed names due to ownership changes. They elaborate a bit to say former partners had split, so Prestige closed and US Marketing Source was the new company with only the one partner.

I passed on the first round of leads because I was still working the old list. This time around, when they started calling, I decided to give it a try with a new list. I agreed to a $500 payment, and was supposed to have the list within 48 hours. This was exactly how it went previously, with no glitches. Everything was the exactly the same, aside from the name being different.

They day I was supposed to get the leads, I called the sales gal...no answer. Emailed her...no response. I called the number in her email and on the website...no answer at any of the options listed. I called first thing thing the following business day. I emailed the receptionist, info@ email and the sales person. No response. Nobody answred any phones. Nothing.

I have no seen a list and have not gotten a single contact. I filed a fraud report with my bank and they will hopefully get it reviewed. I am not holding my breath. It's disappointing because I'd already worked with this company before. Or, I suppose what was formally the company and is now some fraudulent company using the same name/tactics.

I would strongly discourage anybody from doing business with them. Heck, it's not business, it's a scam. Until I see a list, some sort of explanation, and something to prove me wrong, I just got my butt handed to me by a scam company. I should have seen it coming.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2017 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-marketing-source/granity-city-illinois/us-marketing-source-paid-for-lead-list-never-received-it-granity-city-illinois-1386299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

This Company Is A Good Company

AUTHOR: Adam - (United States)

POSTED: Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I have worked for US Marketing Source as a web developer and i can honestly say that they have treated me very fairly. I have NOT seen ANYTHING whatsoever illegal or wrong. They treat the employees great. When I have a problem with anything at all, i am able to bring it to their attention and they help me with it calmly. I can truely say that i have never ever seen matt freak out and start going off about anything.

He is passionate about this business and loves helping people. US marketing source is defintely a good place to work, you just have to work hard and actually work when you show up. thats it. its pretty easy working here and enjoyable. Ive seen them help there customers and employees. I like working here and i do advice if anyone is wanting to do business with them, you can trust them.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Same Owners, Different Location.

AUTHOR: Former Employee - ()

POSTED: Wednesday, October 18, 2017

This company is most definitely what is formerly known as Prestige Management that was located in Wood River. The Wood River location closed very abrubtly (they literally left everything in the dumpster...files, computers, etc). The owners, Matt Aylward, and his mother, Rhonda Aylward, are still the owners of the new place in Garnite City. They are using the exact same sales pitch. According to peope very close to him, he has repotedly changed hi social security number because of how many peope have filed lawsuits against him. Let me tell you about his "managing style". He literally walks around with a baseball bat, repeatedly slapping it against the palm of his hand. If he does not hear what he wants to hear from you, he wil call you every name under the sun, while screaming at the top of his lungs in your face. He tries to intimidate people, but he is nothing but spoiled little momma's boy who whines when he doesn't get his way. He will scream in your face, throw things, call you every name in the book, all the while mommy dearest stays in her office trying to pull off different pyramid schemes (I know this for a fact, because she tried to get me in on one). They owe A LOT of people money - Insurance Agents, Financial Planners, ect. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL GET SCAMMED AND NEVER SE YOUR MONRY AGAIN! And if you are that brave as to be willing to lose your hard earned money, please read your contract VERY carefully. They state right on the contract that your money is not refundable, no matter what happens. The only way I saw anyone get their money back was by going through the Better Business Bureau.

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Tuesday, July 18, 2017

This company is not a scam/fraudulent. I will be taking this post down, after I follow up with how it went today.
9:09am - call from sales person with apology, she'd been out sick. She offered me free 401k leads if I'd give them another chance. I said if they could be to me within 5 mins sure, if not, to refund my money immediately. She said she had to walk down the hall to press send an no problem.

9:17am - no list, so I call back, and tell her I am done, and want a refund. She said a person had a personal thing to deal with. I said I didnt' care, I wanted a refund. She said she couldn't process it, and needed an owner. I waited on hold for 6-7 mins. She said the owners weren't around yet, and they'd call me within 10 mins. I said I wouldn't be interested in them selling me anything and I wanted somebody to process the refund only. I said I didn't want to do business with the company and wanted a refund. She hung up on me.

9:30am, 9:38, 9:46, and 9:52 - lead lists come to email. I had not recieved a call, I had explicitly said I did not want them and I wanted a refund. I responded immediately saying I wanted a refund, not the lists.

10:23am - Sales person emails back saying she wasn't sure why I was disatisfied and that she had explained they'd be there first thing this morning. (This is not accurate. I said FIVE MINUTES or no deal which she agreed to).

10:26am - Sales person responds again and say I had never said I wanted a refund and me agreeing to the free 401k leads was our last conversation (I spoke to her after this, to call to tell her it'd be longer than the agreed upon 5 mins and I wanted a refund, I did not want a list, and I did not want to do business with the company. So we spoke at length about me NOT wanting to proceed). Admits they were late, but says I have them so unsure why I am not happy.

11:39am - new represntative from company emails and says she reviewed information, and because I'd gotten the leads I would not be getting a refund (I wrote back and made a phone call saying I would continue to pursue a refund until I had one and that the Sales Person misrepresented our conversations).

1:09pm - owner of company calls me. Apologizes, says he will speak to employee. Can't explain why all of my calls, emails, and attempts to contact went nowhere. Says he was out of the office himself. I say I still don't want to do business. He offers to meet me in the middle by giving me partial refund. I say no. He gets frustrated because I have the lists now, and thinks I'll have great success with them. I explain to him that I DID NOT WANT THEM. I explain that I told her REPEATEDLY not to send them. Eventually he offers 1/2 refund because I have the lists. I agree - because I want to be done with this and because I'd believed I was out $500 due to a scam, so this was better than that.

3:06pm - receipt from refund comes to my email.

3:47pm - phone call from owner making sure I got refund. I tell him I had seen receipt. He proceeds to yell at me because he saw my "ripoff report". Raises his voice at me, saying that its uncalled for and out of line, etc. I explain to him that I wrote it last night after spending multiple days looking up info, reaching out, and nothing...so all I have is a $500 charge on my card and nothing else, I believed I'd been scammed. He said it wasn't fair due to them fixing things today. I would argue it's not fixed....considering I have a list I specifically said I didn't want and am out $250. But, the reality is, the post last night was true then and it's still true. As an update, however, I said I would update/take down the posting, because I do know how that they are not a scam.

4:15pm - email from owner: "Good Afternoon.  I am glad we are working this out.  We do work hard here to try to accommodate everyone.  Thank you for taking the posting down and I expect to see the posting removed from Ripoff Report today." (My response is below).

My email to the owner with sales person name removed:

As I said on our call, I will take it down. I will get it down when I have time to do so, you dictating "today" doesn't mean that it's going to happen. I won't stall, but I am also not bending over backwards to accommodate your expectation (which really looks like an instruction). I expected a lead list on Friday...that did not happen. I expected to call a company phone number and have a liver person pick up during normal business hours. I expected a return email/phone call Friday/Sat/Monday...that did not happen. I expected a refund instead of a list after telling your sales person I did not want it. I expected a phone call from an owner in 10 mins, and instead received the list I did not want. So it seems what we expect can often be different than what actually happens.

You could have called and calmly talked to me about it, acknowledged that of course I thought I'd been scammed after a $500 charge goes through with no product, and no contact for 4 business days, and no ability for me to reach a live person, or after numerous internet searches not being able to find much of anything about your company. Instead, you raise your voice at me and start making demands. You may not be a fraudulent company, but as far as I am concerned it still warrants a report, based on how unprofessionally this was handled, although I know you believe you tried to make it right. In your mind I have the leads and 1/2 my money back. In my mind, I have a lead list I don't want and explicitly said not to send, only got 1/2 the refund I asked for, was misled, was misrepresented, wasted hours of time, was spoken at with a raised voice, treated less than professionally by multiple people on your staff and was hung up on once after waiting on hold for several minutes. Do I believe your company is a scam? No. Do I think people should be aware of what they are getting in to? Yes.

I lost hours of time over the last few days, trying to get ahold of somebody at your company in an attempt to salvage the "deal" or whatever you'd call it. I was not calling to cancel, I was calling seeking help and explanation. Yet there was radio silence after every single attempt. I lost hours of sleep from Fri until today, wondering if I had been scammed out of $500. I was sick to my stomach about it, because $500 is significant to me, to my budget, to the family I am responsible to provide for. Truth be told, I was disappointed too, because I was hoping to earn business off the list.

When I wrote that, it was after hours of looking up information about the company and finding virtually nothing. No Better Business Bureau listing, nearly NOTHING outside of your website. So, from my perspective, having my credit card charged on a Wed, with no product delivered, and no contact Thurs, Fri, Sat, or Monday (so 4 business days, but 6 days), I had been scammed. I reached out to 3 email addresses in your company and didn't get a response - not even a "I am sorry, your sales person is ill and will be in touch with you when she gets back, or is there something I can possibly help you with in the meantime". I called the phone at least 8-10 times or more, never once was the phone picked up. As a consumer, in this day and age, what would you have thought?

To have you call and suggest it was out of line or uncalled for is hysterical actually....as of last night, not a single thing in that post is wrong. As a matter of fact, as of today, it's still all true. In the last part, I even say "until I have a list, explanation or something to prove me wrong"...which I meant. Instead of calling to say "Hey, I see your post, now that we've come to an agreement, can we talk about taking it down?"...you take that opportunity to yell at me and follow up with an email dictating a time table. I wouldn't have written it in the first place had I been able to reach a representative in your company in the last week. I have no ill will towards you, your company or your sales team. I didn't write it last night in retaliation. I wrote it so people like me don't get scammed. I honestly figured it was a company who had mirrored the old company and use the same "selling approach" and then goes dark. So it had nothing to do with being malicious against your company, but to protect others from being out money - which until a few hours ago, I believed was the case.

I think it's unfortunate the way this has been handled. For your sales person to misrepresent the ability of the company to get the list out at a certain time (she offered up Fri, I didn’t ask for it. But when she said Fri, I lined up a person to start making calls on the list over the weekend), then for her to misrepresent our conversations not once but multiple times, for the next employee to say she doesn't understand me being dissatisfied and offer no refund and I was being unreasonable, then to have you essentially be angry with ME that I no longer want to do business with your company....people should know how you operate. You're upset I have lead lists that I explicitly told your sales person I did not want. When she failed to make it right a 2nd time and I requested to terminate the relationship, she decided to send the leads against my wishes. Take that up with her. I haven't even opened them. I don't want them.

I will take down the posting. I will also update it so anybody who has seen it knows that you're not a scam company, but knows what they are getting into. I am disappointed, because I was hoping for this to be a great source for me. At this point, even if I closed 80% of them, I wouldn't want another list. Of course that would require me to open the docs , which I still haven't.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair