Complaint Review: U.S. Record Search, AssetSearches.com - Coral Springs Florida

• Reported By: Scarsdale New York
  • U.S. Record Search, AssetSearches.com
    3300 N University Dr. Suite 10
    Coral Springs, Florida

U.S. Record Search, AssetSearches.com ripoff takes your money and doesn't do the search!!! Coral Springs Florida

I had a small claims judgement and needed to locate assets of the defendant. I found assetsearch.com on the web. They have a very good search engine. I called the 800 number and was given an option of bank account search in one state, bank account nationwide, or all assets nationwide. Since it was small claims I decided to try the state bank account search. I was told the fee was $195 and of course I paid it.

I began to get suspicious when I didn't hear anything for a month. I called the 800 number and was told it would be another month. I called again in another month and then was told my information was never processed and to resend it. I resent the information. I called again in a month and was told it would be a few more days. I then received a letter in the mail stating no records were found for bank accounts in the name or social security number of the defendant.

As luck would have it, I was able , on my own, to locate a bank account in the name and social security number of the defendant right here in my home state. I called the people at assetsearch.com to request a refund. I was told I would have to call back after 6 p.m. to speak with a Fred Joseph.

I called him back after 6 p.m. and after I explained part of the situation, I was put on hold by him twice. After waiting 10 minutes on hold the second time I called Fred Joseph back. He then proceded to call me a dumb motherf***er several times before hanging up.

I was dumb all right, for sending my money to this rip-off artist. Be warned!!!

Jeff
Scarsdale, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2005 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-record-search-assetsearchescom/coral-springs-florida-33065/us-record-search-assetsearchescom-ripoff-takes-your-money-and-doesnt-do-the-search-147986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content