Complaint Review: V8-Archie - Machesney Park Illinois
- V8-Archie 11411 Summerwood Dr Machesney Park, Illinois U.S.A.
- Phone: 815-282-9226
- Category: Body Work & Repair
V8-Archie Poor customer service, incomplete work, no paper work to increase prices with out notice, crook Machesney Park Illinois
I've had five people review the body on my car. Three where Central Florida Fieros club members that work in the automobile insurance and fiberglass business and two others non club related fiberglass repair shops. The situation comes down to this:
- The gaps around the body panels (whole car) is much worst then expected this is due to my lack of experience with automobile body work.
>Front bumper to hood.
>Around lower part of right side headlight.
>Left fender to left door
>Deck lid to around rear clip.
- The left door panel does not flow with the rocker when closed, it will need to be adjusted and the body panel will need to be grinded down to flow with the rocker.
- Deck lid as mention above has gaps and in certain parts it's un even with the rear clip meaning there are rears that are higher (elevated or warped) on the rear clip. The entire rear clip will have to be removed to fix.
- Rear tail lights to rear bumper there is a 1/4" to 1/2" gap. Don't know what going on here yet. It seems that the tail lights and bumper are on correct but i'm very concerned that the issue could be something else.
- Upper sail panel area on the rear clip has major openings; will need to be glassed in.
- Hood to right fender has small holes (not to be confused with pin holes)
- Small cracks on the hood vent and vents need to be cut out. Thank God I got a template for the vent cut outs from another car at the shop car.
- Left front side burn of rocker is crooked and Archie argued it was not.
- Right side door area and panels seems to be ok. Waiting on my steering wheel to be able to move my car out for review since I can't move the notchback yet.
NOTE: The only minor things are the pin holes & badly sanded areas (scratches) which that is not going to be worked on. A painter will do that. I spoke with Archies top customer (Curly in CA) over the weekend and asked him if he had any issues with gaps and uneven body panels, He said no except for the door to fender do have a slightly bigger gap due too the verticle doors. My doors are stock. Then I mention what was going on with my car. I have to agree with other members on the major Fiero forums that Archie, Chris and Rob do mediocre work. As I mention to Curly If I had to do it again I would not. All I should have done is the choptop, nothing else. The widebody kit is not worth it. Too much money out the door and worst then that is Archie shop's rudeness, unanswered calls/email and lack of paper work to charge what ever price he wants... way to much BS. He abused this since I lived in FL and his shop is located in Notrh IL.
The estimate I got to repair everything is going to take aprox 70hrs, so we are talking about several thousand dollars. The work will start this week. I will see if I have any legal recourse can be taken at this point. Once again I'm convinced this was out of revenge for reprimanding Archie on the major Fiero Forum due to his constant complaining but what goes around come around and Archie you will get yours.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/v8-archie/machesney-park-illinois-61115/v8-archie-poor-customer-service-incomplete-work-no-paper-work-to-increase-prices-with-ou-411033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.