Complaint Review: Veterinary Clinics of America - Internet

7404 E Highland rd.
    Internet
    United States of America

Veterinary Clinics of America They Just Don't Care Internet

I took my dog to VCA Animal Hospital (7404 E Highland rd. White Lake, Mi) to get vaccinated along with a heart worm test yesterday and it was THE worst experience I have ever had at a Vet.
First off when we registered for the vaccination clinic a receptionist asked me what breed of dog I had. I told her I didn't know. He is a mixed breed.
Then another woman at the desk said, "He looks like a ghetto dog". Whoa. There two minutes and the help is insulting my best friend?
Then a tech whisked the dog to the back and refused to allow me to go back with him. A minute later they brought the dog back out to the waiting room. The tech told me they took blood from his left front paw and usually there is a spot of blood there when they do this but this time there was none. Now every other time I have had him tested for heart worm it has taken 5-10 for the results as the blood antigen takes a certain amount of time to react. [continued below]....
..... There is no way they could have performed this test and given him the vaccines I paid for in the amount of time the dog was back there.
This, coupled with the fact that there was no sign of any puncture mark on his paw and they wouldn't even let me be in the room when the test was performed leads me to believe the test was never performed.
If you care about your pet take it somewhere else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/veterinary-clinics-of-america/internet/veterinary-clinics-of-america-they-just-dont-care-internet-752169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content