Complaint Review: Virus Eraser - Internet

• Reported By: Susan — United States
  • Virus Eraser

Internet
    United States

Virus Eraser Unknown, but not out of the question. Told me they were working for Microsoft and my computer had a virus

BUYER BEWARE

On August 12, 2017, I was notified by phone from Virus Eraser that they were "reseller partners for Microsoft" to let me know that there were viruses on my computer.  I asked them how did they know that and they told me that they have the Microsoft programs that let them know when there's a computer with problems.  I checked the internet and saw that Virus Eraser was a world-wide company.  I let them in on my computer and they showed me that there were two (2) files of the same name (csrss.exe) running on my PC.  For $679.99, "Virus Eraser Lifetime Security & Lifetime Antivirus Software With a New Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color All-in-One (Windows)" would fix my PC and told me they would be sending me the printer.  The name of the Technician was "Karan" with email of KARAN@VIRUS-ERASER.COM

On November 11, 2017, I called "Karan" of Virus Eraser to let him know that I was having problems with my computer.  He went on to my computer and told me that my license for Windows had expired.  He would renew the license for $1128.00 and Virus Eraser would be sending me a new laptop.  I asked him about the printer because I had not received it yet.  He told me that they were backed up with orders and I would have them by the end of November.

On December 4, 2017 at 2:50 pm, Martin Williams called me for a monthly update for my IP address.  He installed Supremo and Team Viewer with an ID of 375-461-834 and a password.  I was told I would be getting a refund of $3477.85 to my Credit card, but that they (Virus Eraser) would need $1700 in a gift card, something like what Wal-Mart does.  He kept telling me that the transaction could not happen today until I gave him the cards. I went to Wal-Mart and bought 2 gift cards, one in the amount of $1,000 and the other in the amount of $700.

On December 5, 2017 Virus Eraser called me and said that the $1700 in gift cards that I had given them were used by mistake by their billing department and that I would have to get them more gift cards.  They said they would only need a sum of $1600, but that the cards needed to be less than $500.  I went to WalMart and bought 4 gift cards for the amount of $400 each.  I called Martin back and he scanned the cards using my printer.  I scratched off the back and gave him the numbers.  He said that he would call me back in 10-15 minutes.  He never called back and would not return my phone calls.  As of this date, I had not received either the printer or the laptop.

On December 12, 2017 at 12:08 pm, I spoke with Virus Eraser's Billing department and asked when I would be receiving the printer and laptop.  She said they were backed up with orders, that if I didn't receive the laptop and printer by Christmas, I would receive them by the New Year.

On a later date, I don't have exact date, a woman by the name of Angelica called me from Virus Eraser.  Her phone number was 1-888-756-2505 telling me that their billing department was backed up due to the holidays and that I would be receiving my printer and laptop by the New Year.  She told me I could reach her at this number with any questions.

On January 2, 2018 at 2:08 pm, I called Angelica's phone number.  A man answered asking what I needed Angelica for.  I told him that Angelica told me to speak only to her and no one else.  Angelica was "looking into a scam that I had reported to the US Attorney General" and that because of this report, they would no be able to send me the laptop, but would send me the printer.

I received my credit card statement in the mail and there were fraudulent charges.  On 11/12/2017 there was a charge for $1127.49 by "PES IDEAPC PARTS.com.  I told my credit card company that I did not make this charge nor agree to the "Foreign Trans Fee" of $33.82 which my credit card company credited my account.

On January 16, 2018 a Virus Eraser man by the name of Justin Parker called me to tell me that there was a virus on my computer.  I asked him how he knew this and he said that because they are reseller partners of Microsoft that they have the link just telling them that there is a problem.  While Justin was working on my PC, I received a call from Alex Logo of Norton Securities telling me that Virus Eraser people are hackers and they do nothing but install trojans on to a computer.  For the amount of $789.95, Alex repaired my PC and put different securities on my PC.  He gave me his phone # 1-877-799-0999.  Alex also told me that I would never be seeing the printer or the laptop from Virus Eraser, which is true.

I have lost a total of $5,757.84.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2018 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/virus-eraser/internet/virus-eraser-unknown-but-not-out-of-the-question-told-me-they-were-working-for-microsof-1459753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content