X  |  CLOSE

500 Regis Avenue #18415
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    United States

Waldron Electric severely overcharged for services Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Do not trust Waldron Electric!!

I had a fuse blow and was unable to make the fuse switch remain on ON. I called Waldron Electric because they had a good ad in the Yellow Pages which stated that they had 25 years of local service and also had 24-hour service. Late in that evening the repairman showed up and immediately demanded I pay him $85 just for entering the door, payable only in cash or by card, no check. Warning bells should have rung and I should have shown him the door.

He went outside, briefly checked the problem outlet, said it was OK and then charged $928 just for a diagnostic.When I questioned the cost, he said "It's the cost of doing business in America. I have to pay for my truck, tools, etc."  He then gave me a song and dance about how much money he has to pay the city for licensing and extra training. "Blame the city."

By that time I was in deep, but was appalled at what happened next. He went downstairs, fiddled with the obstinate breaker switch and reset it, charging me $500 plus $745 for the necessary city inspection. When I questioned this outrageous price for resetting a breaker switch, he said $500 was the minimum charge for doing anything at all, and that I should 'blame Mayor Peduto' for the city inspection.

Is an expensive city inspection necessary for resetting a breaker switch??

All in all I was charged $2258 for a brief visit. I'm deeply ashamed I allowed myself to be taken in and outrageously charged. This morning I Googled 'fraud complaints, Weldron Electric' and found many stories similar to mine as well as a case against them by the attorney general.

And Mr. Waldron: Please do not lower yourself by calling me nasty names or threatening a lawsuit for telling the truth as you have to others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2018 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/waldron-electric/pittsburgh-pennsylvania-15236/waldron-electric-severely-overcharged-for-services-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-1463261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content