X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Wellness Plan of America - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Robyn P. — Rye Brook New York USA
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My family has been looking for insurance. I received a call this morning from the Wellness Plan of America. They told me they were my only option as currently the enrollment period for general insurance is closed. I asked for a description of their coverage which they said was insurance that would be taken anywhere. I asked if there was somewhere I can read the description of benefits online. They told me no there was not, and I had to pay for the plan first and then they would send me information in the mail. Who pays for services without knowing what they are? I asked if I can talk it over with my husband, and they pressured me to stay on the phone and enroll now and I won't find any better. Finally after asking several times, they gave me a callback number. A few hours later, I got another call from someone else asking "what I'm waiting for". I had checked with my healthcare providers and they said they will not accept this plan. I told the representative on the phone that I had been told it was insurance and would be taken anywhere, but research is telling me it is not actual insurance and my providers would not accept it. I had been on the phone for all of 3 minutes and only asked this one question and their response to me....."life is about compromises. We assign you doctors. You go where we send you. This is bullshit. No wonder you are not insured. We can't help people like you". I am really concerned this is a scam targeting uninsured people. Honest represeantives of companies do not expect you to blindly buy coverage you can't review or berate potential clients with valid concerns such as mine. Really poor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2015 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wellness-plan-of-america/nationwide/wellness-plan-of-america-scam-targeting-uninsured-nationwide-1252744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Nahhhhh

AUTHOR: The Truth - (United States)

POSTED: Saturday, January 16, 2021

That first lady was right. Same exact thing happened to me. Tried to tell me it was good insurance, and no copays for ANYTHING. Lies. All motherfu*king lies. It is absolutely a scam!!!!!!!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Wellness plan of america

AUTHOR: Anon - (USA)

POSTED: Friday, August 26, 2016

It is not health insurance, it is a discount card but we are not allow to call it a discount card as the employees get reprimanded for telling the truth. This is called a benefits package to fool the consumer into buying.

Dishonest

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I am really disappointed that I was contacted and treated like this on the phone and now this company is trying to rebut my claim saying that I am not a customer. I clearly did not purchase their product after this harassment, but they did repeatedly try to solicit me to buy using very concerning tactics and not allowing me to see what I was buying.  I never applied for or tried to contact anything called Wellness Plan of America and September 3rd was the first time I had heard of it. The first call I got at 10:44am was from 303-872-0667. On this call I spoke to Michelle, who was very friendly and perky, but had some strange sales tactics. She did explain about the wellness concierge, perscriptions and eye care, etc... but I asked several times if my hospital and local providers would accept it and she said "yeah, it is taken everywhere". I kept asking to read a description of the plan and benefits to which I was told there was nowhere that I could and I had to pay first and then everything would be sent to me. I am not comfortable giving my credit card details to someone cold calling me without reading a contract first, which is totally rational! I asked to talk it over with my husband several times and was pressured to stay on the phone to sign up now as I wouldn't get anything better. It was not clear that this was not a type of insurance. Finally, she gave me a callback number, 561-367-2445. When off the phone, I contacted my healthcare providers to ask if the plan would be accepted to which I was told no. I checked online and saw reports from a number of people contacted in a similar manner that purchased it thinking it was insurance when it wasn't. Then at exactly 4pm I received a second call from a man, I am sorry I did not get his name, from the number 571-485-7354. The call duration was 3min and 42 seconds. He KNEW that I had been contacted earlier and wanted to know what I was waiting for. He also told me I was putting my family in danger by not having this and it was my fault. Then I very politely expressed concerns that my providers would not accept it and that it was not real insurance to which I received the very rude and beligerent response I posted online followed by him hanging up before I could say anything further. So whoever this was, was aware that I had been called before and didn't suscribe immediatly. This whole thing has been really creepy and saying "I am not a customer" because I refused to purchase the plan they wouldn't let me read does not mean that I wasn't targeted by their marketers and treated inappropriately.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The consumer who wrote this is NOT a Wellness Plan of America (WPA) customer

AUTHOR: MIchael - (USA)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The consumer who wrote this is NOT a Wellness Plan of America (WPA) customer.

Read actual WPA customer reviews below to see how well WPA customers are taken care of.

Aug. 04, 2015 I had a great experience with them. My agent was on top of everything. He was very quick in getting all my needs meet.

by Carole B. on Aug. 04, 2015

Jun. 08, 2015 Wellness Plan of America has been very responsive in getting affordable prescriptions for me.

by Linda C. on Jun. 08, 2015

May. 06, 2015 My service was presented in a professional manner. He was courteous and respectiful. I am pleased with the service received.

by Beverly H. on May. 06, 2015

May. 03, 2015 My experience with Wellness Plan of America has generally been positive. I needed prescriptions after I lost my insurance, and WPA provided them at a reasonable cost. My only complaint is that when I try to return their calls sometimes I cannot get anyone to answer or take a message. They work behind the scenes to procure my medications from the company. I appreciate **** getting back to me when he says he will.

by Darlene N. on May. 03, 2015

May. 01, 2015 This company just saved my over a $100 per month in subscriptions. Their staff are very friendly and willing to help you save money. I strongly recommend them.

by Rodney b. on May. 01, 2015

Apr. 24, 2015 I recently worked with Wellness Plan of America to try and get back on track health-wise. I used their cleanse program and have never felt better! I lost 12lbs, kept it off, and feel fantastic! I also want to praise how great their staff and customer service is as I always felt they were there for me with any worries, questions, or concerns! I have recommended WPA to many other people! Thanks WPA!!!

by Lisa P. on Apr. 24, 2015

Apr. 23, 2015 Wow, what an awesome guy, I was without my medication and he help me to get my medication right away. Especially being without them for a week. I appreciate people like him. He took the time to explain everything to me and what it all means. Thanks

by Shelley J. on Apr. 23, 2015

Apr. 14, 2015 All I can say is this place is wonderful. Adam has helped me understand how the company works as well as calling me in a timely manner. They have saved me a lot of money. I truly appreciate all the help and patience they have given me.

by Mischelle H. on Apr. 14, 2015

Mar. 13, 2015 The service that I have received from my concierge at WPA has been excellent. They have stayed on top of the progress for approval of financial assistance that I received and have been very helpful in answering questions.

by Jada J. on Mar. 13, 2015

Mar. 12, 2015 **** at WPA was able to arrange affordable prescriptions for me during my job search. The arrangement will save much needed funds.

by Steve J. on Mar. 12, 2015

Jan. 16, 2015I've only been a member of the wellness plan of America for couple of weeks, and I've had the joy of being contacted by a young lady name ********. It's been such a joy and so refreshing to have her call me, she has consistently called me to make sure that I understood all my benefits and what I needed to do to login and find information on your website she's been such an inspiration because every time I've talked with her she's always the same with an attitude of such a joy to help me with whatever I need, always with a smile in her voice. My recommendation would be that you give her a raise and promote her to be a trainer of everyone of your custom service reps so she can show them how to always serve others with a with joy and a smile. She's such a delight, a very sweet spirit. Thanks ******** you're the greatest.

by Eva. on Jan. 16, 2015

Jan. 14, 2015 I want to say that ******* ****** with WPA knows what the definition of customer service is. He was excellent. If this is how WPA operates, I would not hesitate to be part of their organization. Customer service, not automated systems does still exist. Hooray!

by Audrey T. on Jan. 14, 2015

Jan. 07, 2015 I have had a great experience with the Wellness Plan of America. They are very responsive and helpful. I have truly enjoyed my experience so far.

by Amy V. on Jan. 07, 2015

Dec. 31, 2014 I have just signed up with this program, so do not have much experience with how the services work and how well they will pay. It is affordable and sounds like it will be what I need unless I have any major health issues. I have always been healthy and only go to the doctor for regular checkups and minor colds and flu. I hope it is what I need, time will tell.

by ELLEN L. on Dec. 31, 2014

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair