Complaint Review: WorldPay Michael Batten, Anthony Warminski - Paignton Other
- WorldPay Michael Batten, Anthony Warminski 2 Kernou Road Paignton, Other United Kingdom
- Phone: 206-984-2372
- Category: Door to Door Sales
WorldPay Michael Batten, Anthony Warminski Never do business with WorldPay!! It's 100% a rip-off, you'll never get anything!!! Paignton Other United Kingdom
In my case I was looking on Craigslist.org for a car to but and I saw a Mini Cooper that was priced way below what it should have been. Right away I knew it was a scam. Always remember that if it's too good to be true, then it is! So I went ahead and emailed him and this was the reply I got:
"Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm in England right now and I have been very busy for the last couple of days. Anyway,thank you for your interest in buying the car. The car is located in US right now and has US papers. Why is the price so low? I am going trough a divorce, and I had to move out of USA. I cannot register the car here, as it is made for USA , according to USA standards.So all that I want to do now is sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast. The title is clean and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car in the States."
The tag line seems to be, "The price is $3300 THIS IS MY LAST PRICE. I will not negotiate the price."
Anyway, so through a few more emails we discussed the details and finally I recieved an email saying that he was going to do the transaction througha company called Worldpay Inc. He also said that the car was being held in storage by Worldpay Inc and that they would ship it too me once the transaction was completed.
After I told him okay, I recieved a email from "WorldPay Inc" stating all the details of the transaction and how to complete it. Of course "WorldPay Inc" wants you too send the money via wire transfer through MoneyGram. This is another hint to anyone out there who doesn't know much about scams. NEVER send money via Western Union, MoneyGram, etc.
Through this email I received a few things that is helping discover who this scammer is and I will post the following:
1. Even though the email said it came from "email@example.com" the original message was sent from a Hotmail Account "blu139-omc1-s8.blu139.hotmail.com"
2. The originating IP address was: 220.127.116.11, the client IP is: 18.104.22.168
3. He used the name "Michael Batten" in his emails but he wanted the money sent to the name "Anthony Warminski," using the cover of, "this is the name of the WorldPay Inc representative."
4. I also got the name of the user where the photos came from which is" gregorysmith77." Now my guess is this is the name of someone who he stole the photo from online, from some random website but it may have a connection to him. The exact image url is: img_globalpic3.jpg picture by gregorysmith77.
Once all this had happened I told him that I knew the whole thing was a scam and he stopped writing me. I hope this has helped and if you have any questions feel free to contract me. I'm sure he might post something up as a rebuttle or something but don't listen. You can search not only here for rip-off reports of WorldPay Inc but many other websites stating the exact same thing as I have.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldpay-michael-batten-anthony-warminski/paignton-other-tq4-6ba/worldpay-michael-batten-anthony-warminski-never-do-business-with-worldpay-its-100-a-r-320888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.