Report: #142030

Complaint Review: Your Choice Inc - St George Utah

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
  • Your Choice Inc 899 S. Buss St., Utah St George, Utah U.S.A.

Your ChoiceInc Scamed out of $257.00 and used a false check to attain it. rip off government grant in the amount of $8,000 dollars BULL! St George Utah *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..
OK. Well one day I received a phone call from a man telling me that I was Qualified to receive a government grant in the amount of $8,000 dollars. I was told that they were affiliated with the government and that my only requirement for this grant would be to pay $257.00 for a "processing fee" and I would recieve my grant shortly after.

The man told me he would need my bank account number just to verify that I have an account. He never said anything about taking the money out.. I asked him to send some information on it because I wasn't convinced that this was a legit situation. Then finally after he told me a million times that he was affiliated with the government and that he could give me a number to call to verify it, I gave him my account number. He then said that the money would need to be paid in 30 days, and if I didnt pay, I would not recieve anything. All I would have to do is call that number and pay them. After all that, he asked me for a check number and I told him I did not plan on using a check for this.

About a month later $257.00 came out of my account in the form of a check with the check number "0000". The same day the money came out of my account, I called the company and told them I never verified the money be taken out of my account. I faught with the woman on the other line for a while and then she played back a portion of the phone conversation I had with the man where I gave him my account number and said I wasn't using a check. She replied with "sounds like you verified it to me".

After she played it back I asked her where the rest of the conversation was, and she told me she didn't have it. (which stated that I was to recieve the $8,000 grant and nothing else was required of me. I then talked to management and they told me there was no way to get my money back and the only thing I could do was send in this letter and "maybe" get my money back. Then when all else failed, I told them I was under 18 just to see what they would say ( Im really over 18), and all the sudden they could send back my money right away. They said I would just have to send a copy proof of age to them.. I then went to my bank and filed a form to get my money back, and they told me they would get it back for me, but after a week later, my bank told me their are to many problems going on with this company and that the likelyhook of getting my money back was very slim. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO THIS COMPANY! '

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2005 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/your-choice-inc/st-george-utah/your-choiceinc-scamed-out-of-25700-and-used-a-false-check-to-attain-it-rip-off-governme-142030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Investigates Reputation Repair