Complaint Review: ZOLL LIFE VEST - PITTSBURGH PA

• ZOLL LIFE VEST
    121 GAMMA DR.
    PITTSBURGH, PA
    United States

ZOLL LIFE VEST ZOLL MEDICAL DEVICES BILLING SCAM - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY PITTSBURGH PA

I HAD TRIPLE BYPASS SURGERY. I WAS SCHEDULED TO LEAVE THE HOSPITAL 1 WEEK AFTER SURGERY. I WAS VISITED BY A ZOLL EMPLOYEE WHILE RECUPERATING IN ICU THAT I MUST WEAR A ZOLL LIFE VEST WHEN I LEFT THE HOSPITAL. ON THE DAY OF MY SCHEDULED RELEASE, MY HEART SURGEON SAID HE AND THE HOSPITAL HAD BEEN WAITING FOR MY INSURANCE TO APPROVE PAYMENT. THERE WAS NO MEDICAL REASON FOR ME TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL OTHER THAN TO RECEIVE APPROVAL OF THE INSURANCE FOR A ZOLL LIFE VEST. AFTER 1 EXTRA DAY OF STAYING NEEDLESSLY IN THE HOSPITAL, I INFORMED MY HEART SURGEON THAT I WANTED TO GO HOME AND BE DISCHARGED. HE ASKED ME TO WAIT FOR THE INSURANCE APPROVAL FOR THE ZOLL LIFE VEST. AFTER THE 2ND DAY OF EXTRA HOSPITAL STAY, AGAIN MY INSURANCE COMPANY HADN'T RESPONDED AND MY HEART SURGEON AGAIN ASKED ME TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL 1 MORE DAY. I AGREED TO WAIT 1 MORE DAY. FINALLY, AFTER AN EXTRA 3 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL, MY INSURANCE COMPANY AGREED TO PAY FOR THE ZOLL LIFE VEST. I WAS TOLD THAT MY INSURANCE COMPANY WAS GOING TO COVER THE COMPLETE COST OF THE ZOLL LIFE VEST. THIS WASN'T TRUE. TODAY I RECEIVED A BILL FROM ZOLL LIFE VEST FOR $1510.29. WHAT A RIP-OFF.

FIRST OF ALL, I STAYED IN THE HOSPITAL 3 EXTRA DAYS WHEN I DIDN'T NEED TO BE THERE. WE TOOK A VALUABLE HOSPITAL BED FROM SOMEONE WHO COULD HAVE USED IT MORE THAN I NEED IT. SECONDLY, THE ZOLL LIFE VEST IS A "JOKE". I DIDN'T NEED THIS VEST. I DIDN'T WEAR IT FOR 3 WEEKS AND NO KNOW KNEW OR CARED THAT I DIDN'T WEAR IT. I WAS SOLD ON USING THE ZOLL LIFE VEST BY MAKING ME BELIEVE IT WAS TOTALLY COVERED BY INSURANCE. I THINK THE DOCTORS GOT A KICKBACK FROM ZOLL TO PLACE THEIR LIFE VEST WITH ME. THE ZOLL EMPLOYEE TOLD ME IT WAS "ABSOLUTELY" NECESSARY THAT I WEAR THE ZOLL LIFE VEST. THIS WAS TOTALLY UNTRUE. ON SATURDAY (TODAY IS MONDAY) I RECEIVED A BILL FOR $1510.29 IN THE MAIL. TODAY, I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM THEIR BILLING/COLLECTION DEPARTMENT.

I WENT THROUGH THE ABOVE STORY AND ADVISED HER I WAS TOLD IT WAS COMPLETELY COVERED BY INSURANCE. I WOULD NEVER HAVE AGREED TO ACCEPT THE ZOLL LIFE VEST AND I CERTAINLY WOULD NEVER AGREE TO THE CHARGES FOR AN UNNECESSARY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THAT NO ONE KNOWS IS USED OR NOT. SUPPOSEDLY A SIGNAL/MESSAGE IS SENT TO ZOLL WHEN SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE DEVICE OR THE PERSON WEARING THE DEVICE. WELL, I DIDN'T WEAR IT FOR A LEAST 3 WEEKS. SO, THERE WAS NEVER A MESSAGE SENT. I AM ON SOCIAL SECURITY WITH A LIMITED FIXED INCOME. I OFFERED ZOLL $5/MO. THE BILLING DEPT REFUSED MY OFFER. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THE ZOLL LIFE VEST WAS A TOTAL RIP-OFF AND I CAN NEVER RECOMMEND IT'S USE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2018 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/zoll-life-vest/pittsburgh-pa-15238/zoll-life-vest-zoll-medical-devices-billing-scam-stay-away-from-this-company-pittsburg-1450845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content