Complaint Review: Cheaptickets.com

• Submitted: Fri, June 12, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 12, 2009

• Reported By:cumming Georgia
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. 500 W. Madison Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Cheaptickets.com (orbitz Company) Deceptive, illegal practices. Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Simple

After making a flight reservation with cheaptickets.com I had to cancel it due to an emergency situation. The fare amount was already charged to my check card. When I called them I was expecting a cancellation fee of some sort. The lady on the phone said to me $200 dollars was the cancellation fee and the rest will be refunded to my account. I agreed and asked for a confirmation e-mail to be sent to me. The e-mail was from their refund department and it was telling me the refunded amount of $414.00 would appear in my account in 1 to 2 billing cycles. They are basically holding my money even though they are charging me for the cancellation. This is their e-mail:
Your refund request

Discussion Thread
Response (Pintu Lal) 06/11/2009 06:39 PM
Dear CheapTickets traveler,

We wanted to let you know that your refund of $414.1 has been processed. This refund will appear in your account within 1 to 2 billing cycles.

Thanks for traveling with CheapTickets.

CheapTickets Refund Team

Note: We are unable to receive replies to this e-mail. Please visit our Customer Support section for more information."

Can somebody tell me if this is fair? Why are they holding my money if they are charging for the cancellation?

cumming, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cheapticketscom/Chicago-Illinois-60661/Cheapticketscom-orbitz-Company-Deceptive-illegal-practices-Chicago-Illinois-461140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cheaptickets.com

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

They want to make sure it posts first. If you pay by credit card you have 60 days to dispute the charge. If they issued you the refund and THEN you dispute the charge they would be out the refund and the initial charge. They are doing this to protect themselves.